Putnam Scanner for Feb. 20, 2015
Five persons were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Richard Lewis, 38, Indianapolis, was arrested for failure to appear.
At 11 a.m. Anthony Allen Williams, 30, Cloverdale, was charged with failure to appear.
At 2:45 p.m. John Ryan Sanders, 31, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for possession of a controlled substance.
At 3:40 p.m. Nicole Lynn Johnson, 29, Coatesville, was booked in for probation violation.
At 5:25 p.m. Dayquan Dayontay Vance, 22, Indianapolis, was arrested for driving with a suspended license.
One recent property-damage accident was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
The mishap occurred at 4:48 p.m. Monday on Indianapolis Road, 500 feet east of Franklin Street.
Officer Ed Wilson reported that Michelle Hunsicker, 44, Greencastle, had stopped her 2003 Chevrolet Silverado in westbound traffic because a vehicle in front of her was turning left into Family Video.
Once that vehicle turned, Hunsicker moved forward but had to stop for a red light at the Kroger entrance. When she stopped, however, her truck was struck from behind by a 2013 Toyota Prius, driven by Dustin Bond, 26, Greencastle.
Bond said he could not stop in time to avoid a collision.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 9:14 a.m. on Monday, Chad G. Camby, 22, Greencastle, was traveling on Manhattan Road in a 2001 Cadillac DeVille.
Camby told Deputy Adam Hull he lost control on the slick road as he entered the curve, causing him to leave the road on the left side and hit a utility pole.
Duke was called to replace the broken pole.
No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 5:41 p.m. Wednesday, Josh W. Barker, 23, Greencastle, was traveling on County Road 350 North near the intersection of County Road 350 West in a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado when he drove off the roadway and hit a concrete culvert. Investigating officer Dep. Tyler Turner estimated damage between $2501-5000.
The Greecastle Fire Department has responded to multiple dispatches recently.
* At 5:54 a.m. Wednesday, GFD was called to the intersection of Edgelea Drive and U.S. 231 for a report of a downed power line. Upon arrival, GFD found the line to be a telephone line.
* At 4:23 p.m. Wednesday, GFD responded to a fire alarm that was due to a pull station being triggered at 800 S. Locust St.
* At 11:49 p.m. Wednesday, GFD was called to 100 Autumn Glen Dr. for a malfunctioning fire alarm.
* At 9:37 a.m. Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 800 S. College Ave. for a fire alarm due to shower steam.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.