Putnam Scanner for 04-18-2015
Five people have been lodged in the county jail recently.
* At 12:50 a.m. Tuesday, Herbert Austyn Jamison, 21, Indianapolis, was arrested for possession of marijuana.
* At 1 a.m. Brandi Leigh Means, 28, Cloverdale, was charged with possession of paraphernalia and probation violation.
* At 2:50 p.m. Joseph Mikele Day, 23, Greenwood, was booked for probation violation.
* At 7:20 p.m. Cary Alan Cohen, 49, Roachdale, was arrested for driving with a suspended license.
* At 8:10 p.m. Charlotte Lynn Ladigo, 39, Lebanon, was booked on charges of possession of paraphernalia and probation violation.
At 11:39 p.m. on Thursday, Sarah R. Latta, 24, Coatesville, was eastbound on County Road 200 North in a 2014 Honda Civic when she hit a cow that was in the roadway near County Road 675 East.
Latta told Deputy Tyler Turner she was driving slowly due to fog and slowed enough to avoid heavier damage.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to a few dispatches recently.
* At 5:52 p.m. Thursday, the GFD was dispatched to 106 S. Spring St. to investigate a fire alarm. It was determined the alarm was set off due to cooking.
* At 8:52 p.m. Thursday, the GFD was investigated a fire alarm at 509 S. Locust St. It was determined the alarm was set off due to a person smoking.
* At 1:32 p.m. Friday, the GFD assisted with a car accident with injuries at 309 N. Jackson St.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.