Putnam Scanner for 05-21-2015
Three individuals have been placed into the custody of the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 9:23 a.m. Tuesday, Stephen Jarod Bridges, 33, Greencastle, was arrested for a probation violation.
* At 1:48 p.m. Tuesday, Alex Matthew Gaston, 24, Greencastle, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
* At 2:29 a.m. Wednesday, Zakkary Matthew Osburn, 23, Poland, was arrested on a warrant out of Howard County.
A traffic stop on the North Side of Greencastle Wednesday night resulted in a pair of arrests, City Police reported.
At 11 p.m. Wednesday, Officer Kyle Lee made a traffic stop on a vehicle at North Jackson and Columbia streets.
That resulted in the arrests of the driver, Rita Williamson, 36, Indianapolis, and her passenger, Terry Dye Jr., 20, Indianapolis.
Willamson was arrested and lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Dye was arrested and lodged in the jail for possession of marijuana, false informing and an active Marion County warrant.
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with two medical runs and several other dispatches recently.
* At 7:22 p.m. Tuesday, GFD responded to a report of a structure fire at 22 N. Gillespie St. The department found the sump pump in the basement had overheated and was smoking.
* At 12:54 p.m. Wednesday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 602 S. College Ave. The alarm was set off due to a malfunction with the sprinkler system.
* At 4:23 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 110 E Larabee St. Dust from cleaning set off the alarm.
* At 4:58 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a second fire alarm at 110 E. Larabee St. It was determined the cause of the alarm was also from the dust.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.