Putnam Scanner for 6-04-15
Seven persons were recently booked into the Putnam County Jail.
* At 8:20 a.m. Tuesday, Tyler Patrick Kuras, 24, Russellville, was arrested on charges of battery, criminal mischief and possession of paraphernalia.
* At 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, Steven Harold Woodruff, 48, Cloverdale, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
* At 1 a.m. Wednesday, James Franklin Day Jr., 25, Greenwood, was arrested on a warrant for possession of marijuana.
* At 1:10 a.m. Wednesday, Stephen Eugene Seketa, 35, Greencastle, was arrested on a warrant for parole violation.
* At 1:45 a.m. Wednesday, Polly Sue Hendrix, 55, Indianapolis, was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and public intoxication.
* At 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aaron J. Monnett, 31, Greencastle, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear, possession of methamphetamine and false informing.
* At 9 p.m. Wednesday, Gregory Lewis Nauman II, 32, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of possession of methamphetamine.
A recent routine traffic stop reportedly led to a pair of arrests and citations for two other people in the vehicle, Greencastle City Police reported.
The incident unfolded as Officer Kyle Lee stopped a car driven by Cody Gibson, 29, New Market, for having an expired license plate at 8:48 p.m. on May 29.
The driver was cited for that infraction as well as for operating a vehicle with a suspended license with a prior offense.
His three passengers also face charges, police said:
* Nancy Zimmerman-Fagan, 46, New Market, was cited for possession of marijuana.
* Antasia Gibson, 21, Danville, was charged with dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and possession of a syringe.
* Nicolas Boswell, 23, Greencastle, faces charges of possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia
One recent warrant arrest was reported by city officers.
* At 11:20 p.m. May 26, Christina Gibbs, 30, Greencastle, was arrested at a Maple Street residence.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Gibbs was arrested on a Hendricks County warrant for failure to appear on a driving with suspended license charge.
* At 9:49 p.m. Sunday, Nickolas Long, 24, Evansville, was stopped by Officer Eric Vaughan on Bloomington Street.
Long was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
One minor traffic accident was investigated recently by Putnam County Sheriff's Department deputies.
* At 1:54 p.m. Tuesday, May 26, Melanie C. Sheldon, 51, Greencastle, was backing out of a driveway at County Road 255 South as David L. Branham, 80, Greencastle, was heading east on the county road.
Sheldon advised Deputy Adam Hull she did not see Branham and backed into the roadway into the vehicle's path.
Branham said he was unable to stop in time to avoid the collision.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department performed two medical assists and responded to two other dispatches recently.
* At 10:49 p.m. Tuesday, GFD assisted with a motor vehicle accident at 1152 Indianapolis Road. The department cleaned up glass from the accident.
* At 1:31 a.m. Thursday, GFD investigated a smoke odor at 1102 Avenue B. A call was made regarding smoke in the area, but following an investigation no issue was found.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.