Putnam Scanner for 9-12-15
Five people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
* At 10:55 a.m. Autumn Renee Stone, 32, Greencastle, was booked in on a warrant for theft.
* At 11:50 a.m. Donald Schmidt, 33, no city listed, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for nonsupport of a dependent.
* At 12:21 p.m. Chad Ray Bryson, 41, Greencastle, was arrested on a warrant for nonsupport of a dependent.
* At 1 p.m. Andrew Joseph Albertson, 41, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for driving while suspended.
* At 5:40 p.m. Brandy Lynn Turner, 42, Greencastle, was booked in on a warrant.
One minor property-accident was investigated recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 2:18 p.m. Thursday, the two-vehicle mishap occurred on Veterans Memorial Highway near Putnamville Street, Sgt. Ed Wilson reported.
David Hicks, 46, Greencastle, was westbound on Veterans Highway, driving a 2012 Dodge Ram, when a 1999 Suzuki, driven by Anna Walker, 27, Greencastle, reportedly pulled into his path.
Walker stopped northbound at the stopsign on Cemetery Road and was attempting to cross the highway but reportedly did not see the Hicks vehicle.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department responded to one recent property-damage accident.
* At 8:20 p.m. on Tuesday, Amy M. Olson, 16, Coatesville, was eastbound on County Road 800 North just west of County Road 500 East in a 2002 Ford Taurus.
Olson told Deputy Stephen Smith she began to lose control and attempted to correct the vehicle. However, the vehicle went off the side of the road and into a ditch, causing it to roll several times.
Once the vehicle came to a rest, Olson exited it.
When Smith arrived, he found Olson out of the vehicle, which was smoking. It burst into flames moments later.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Olson said her injuries were minimal, but her head was beginning to hurt. PMH ambulance transported her to Hendricks at her mother's request.
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with three medical runs and responded to two other dispatches recently.
* At 11:08 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a smoke investigation at 1009 Avenue D. Upon arrival, the department only found smoke from a grill.
* At 4:29 a.m. Friday, GFD assisted with a motor vehicle accident with injury at the intersection of State Road 240 and Calbert Way.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.