Putnam Scanner for 9-25-15
Eight people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 10:44 a.m. on Tuesday, Matthew Ryan Eversole, 33, Brazil, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 11:16 a.m. Stephen David Wilkes, 52, Indianapolis, was booked in for forgery of documents and motor vehicle theft.
At 2:54 p.m. John E. Hudson, 31, no city listed, was charged with probation violation.
At 3 p.m. Ryan Joseph Fontanyi, 33, Plainfield, was lodged at the jail for failure to appear.
At 6:25 p.m. Alan Dale Devellen, 40, Cloverdale, was booked in on a Hendricks County warrant.
* At 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, Alex Mitchell Hardcastle, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in on a court order.
At 7:22 p.m. Kyle Todd Hyten, 26, Greencastle, was arrested for violation of home detention and theft.
* At 1:50 a.m. Thursday, Erick Ryan Timm, 33, Fullerton, Calif., was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
A 30-year-old Greencastle woman is facing four charges following her arrest early Thursday in the aftermath of a one-vehicle accident.
Brittney Thacker was lodged in the Putnam County Jail following her 2:07 a.m. arrest by Sgt. Eric Vaughan.
Taken into custody at a North Madison Street residence, Thacker has been charged with leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities were initially alerted to a report of an erratic driver headed northbound into Greencastle on Manhattan Road in a 1997 Dodge pickup truck.
Driven by Thacker, the truck struck a utility pole at Market and Columbia streets on the city's northwest side, Sgt. Vaughan reported. No damage estimate was available.
When confronted by police, Thacker reportedly ran back inside the North Madison Street residence, slamming the door on the foot on an officer in the process.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department responded to one recent property-damage accident.
At 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Curtis A. Moore, 32, Greencastle, was northbound on State Road 243 near County Road 900 South in a 2002 GMC Silverado 2500 when a deer ran into the road.
Moore told Deputy Matt Biggs he was unable to avoid the animal, hitting it with the driver's side front bumper, causing the bumper to bend and limit mobility.
The driver was able to bend the bumper away from the tire path and drive from the scene.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
The Cloverdale Police Department made one arrest Wednesday.
* At 1:15pm Wednesday, CPD Chief Mike Clark responded to a disabled vehicle on Interstate 70 at the 35 mile marker.
Upon arrival he found a red Chevrolet Suburban with expired plates and a flat tire. A check of the passenger, Chris A. Zach, 33, Highland Springs, Calif., showed a felony warrant for a parole violation for assault out of California.
Zach was taken into custody without incident and transported to the Putnam County Jail.
CPD issued one citation Wednesday.
Robert Hurley, 25, Fairland, expired license plates
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with two medical calls and responded to several other dispatches recently.
* At 12:26 p.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a call of a tree down in the road on County Road 125 West, north of the viaduct.
* At 5:49 p.m. Saturday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 109 W. Hanna St., which was determined to be caused by cooking.
* At 2:36 p.m. Sunday, GFD responded to a report of a gas leak at 605 S. College Ave. The department was unable to locate a leak and had no abnormal readings.
* At 7:33 p.m. Monday, GFD received a call on station regarding an unauthorized burn at a residence adjacent to 700 Highwood Ave. The resident was burning trash and tree branches. The department had the residents extinguish it.
* At 10:34 p.m. Monday, GFD responded to a carbon monoxide detector activated at 719 S. Locust St. Upon investigation, it was determined the exhaust vent needed to be adjusted on the water heater.
* At 10:41 p.m. Monday, GFD assisted with a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian in the Chiyoda parking lot. One individual was struck by a car, had a possible broken femur and was transported by AirEvac from the scene.
* At 12:05 p.m. Tuesday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 413 S. Locust St. The alarm was caused by a faulty detector head.
* At 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 505 S. Jackson St. A dirty detector head caused the alarm.
* At 11:48 a.m. Wednesday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. The alarm was caused by someone smoking on the third floor.
* At 1:31 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 109 W. Hanna St., which was caused by cooking on the third floor.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.