Putnam Scanner for 9-26-15
Four people were placed into the custody of the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 1:50 a.m. Thursday, Erick Ryan Timm, 33, Fullerton, Calif., was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
At 11:05 a.m., Devonta Deshawn Dorsey, 20, Indianapolis, was arrested on a warrant and driving while suspended.
At 7 p.m., Donald Glen Bishop Jr., 30, Fillmore, was placed into the custody of the jail on a warrant and resisting law enforcement.
* At 3:05 a.m. Friday, Grant Maxwell Foster, 19, Quincy, was arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
One recent traffic citation was issued by Greencastle City Police.
* At 7:58 a.m. Tuesday, Arthur Lowe, 66, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham.
Stopped on Indianapolis Road, Lowe was cited for having an expired license plate (July 21.
* At 1:50 a.m. Friday, Robert E. Lippencott, 56, Rockville, was westbound on U.S. 36, approaching County Road 600 West in a 2005 Jeep Liberty when a deer entered the roadway.
Lippencott advised Deputy Matthew Biggs he couldn't avoid the collision, hitting the animal with the front left bumper. He also damaged the front quarter panel.
Damage listed as $5,001-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with two medical runs and responded to four other dispatches recently.
* At 8:24 p.m. Thursday, GFD investigated a reported smell of smoke near 1215 Bloomington St. The department located an unauthorized burn on Fairview Street. The residents were unaware of the city ordinance and extinguished the fire.
* At 8:41 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 212 W. Franklin St. The alarm was caused by smoking and reset by an employee.
* At 9:43 a.m. Friday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. The alarm was caused by hair care products.
* At 9:50 a.m. Friday, GFD cleaned a small fuel spill at 500 E. Seminary St.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency