Putnam Scanner for 9-30-15
Ten people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 11:20 a.m. Friday, Dustin Kent Kennedy, 42, Greencastle, was arrested for probation violation.
At 3:29 p.m. Anthony Michael Lehr, 25, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on domestic battery, strangulation and three counts of neglect of a dependent.
At 11:45 p.m. Logan Bradley Leloup, 22, Brazil, was charged with invasion of privacy.
* At 1:39 p.m. Saturday, Michael Allen Mikesell, 29, Greencastle, was booked in for theft.
* At 1:50 a.m. Sunday, John Ryan Sanders, 32, Greencastle, was arrested on a warrant.
At 4:46 a.m. Cody Allen Wade, 25, Poplarville, Miss., was lodged at the jail on a warrant.
At 6:30 p.m. Brett Wayne Stoots, 38, Quincy, was booked in on a warrant for driving with a suspended license.
At 8:23 p.m. Vernell Charles, 35, Greencastle, was charged with battery.
At 11:50 p.m. John Stephen Brown, 62, Bainbridge, was arrested for residential entry and possession of paraphernalia.
* At 8 p.m. on Monday, Eric S. Barcus, 40, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for possession of methamphetamine.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department responded to four recent traffic accidents.
* At 8:28 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22, Ralph Spencer Jr., 65, Greencastle, was stopped eastbound on U.S. 36 waiting to turn into his driveay in a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. Rickie A. Johnson Jr., 28, Rockville, was also eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2004 Hyundai Elantra.
Spencer told Sgt. Gregg Slover his truck was rear-ended as he waited to turn. Johnson told Slover he did not see Spencer's vehicle due to bright sun and did not slow or stop, rear-ending Spencer's truck.
Johnson also said he did not have a license and was unsure about insurance. He was cited for driving with a suspended license.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Slover was assisted at the scene by Indiana Conservation Officer Chris Springstun.
* At 2:55 p.m. on Thursday, Clarence W. Gillmore, 27, Beech Grove, was eastbound on County Road 550 North just east of County Road 850 East in a 2013 Dodge Dart.
Gillmore lost control for unknown reasons, driving off the road onto the grass shoulder where the car struck a power pole. The impact caused the vehicle to roll over, coming to rest on its top facing south.
Capt. Tom Helmer said Gilmore was semi-conscious at the scene and suffered internal injuries. He was transported to St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis, via Stat Flight Air Ambulance.
Richard C. Thompson, 20, Cloverdale, the passenger and vehicle owner, suffered minor facial bleeding and complained of neck pain. Operation Life transported him to Hendricks Regional.
Thompson told Helmer the vehicle had a flat tire in the Heritage Lake area and they had changed it to a donut. Both front wheels were donuts, possibly causing the accident.
Capt. Danny Wallace and the Floyd Township Fire Department both assisted at the scene.
Vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
* At 9:38 p.m. Friday, Brian D. Ervin, 33, Coatesville, was westbound on County Road 25 North just east of County Road 225 East in a 2013 Dodge Charger.
Ervin told Deputy Stephen Smith a deer entered the road from the south, hitting the driver's side front of the car.
Damage was listed at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 10:51 p.m. on Friday, Matthew R. Parrish, 41, Roachdale, was northbound on County Road 900 East, just south of State Road 236 in a 1992 Ford Explorer.
Parrish told Deputy Smith a deer entered the road and he could not avoid a collision, with the deer running into the front passenger side.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 2:25 a.m. Saturday, GFD assisted with an extrication from a vehicle in the Chiyoda parking lot. An individual was wedged between the seats and bars had to be cut to remove the person.
* At 2:46 a.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 800 S. Locust St. A pull station was activated.
* At 2:48 a.m. Saturday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. College Ave. A pull station was activated.
* At 2:55 a.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 800 S. College Ave. A pull station was activated.
* At 2:04 p.m. Saturday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 109 W. Hanna St. The alarm was due to cooking.
* At 6:37 p.m. Saturday, GFD was investigated a fire alarm at 412 S. Jackson St. It was was caused by cooking.
* 8:22 p.m. Saturday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St., which was caused by cooking.
* At 9:18 p.m. Saturday, GFD assisted with a low-speed two-car collision at the intersection of Franklin Street and Indianapolis Road.
* At 10:49 p.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St., which was caused by burnt popcorn.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.