Putnam Scanner for 10-10-15
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
* At 11 a.m. Richard Anthony Sandlin, 48, Wilmington, N.C., was lodged at the jail by court order.
* At 12:30 p.m. Nathan Gregory Gootee, 41, Danville, was charged with probation violation.
Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies responded to one recent accident.
* At 7:06 a.m. on Thursday, Bradley D. McElheny, 51, Montezuma was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2010 Toyota Tundra, preparing to turn left onto the entrance ramp for eastbound Interstate 70.
Curtis M. Shepherd, 24, Quincy, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 1996 Ford Aspire.
McElheny told Capt. Tom Helmer he thought Curtis was turning right onto the entrance ramp and he turned into the path of the other vehicle.
Curtis said he braked but could not avoid the collision, striking the right front of McElheny's pickup.
Curtis complained of neck and chest pain and was taken to Putnam County Hospital by a family member.
Capt. Danny Wallace and Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted at the scene.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000. Shepherd's vehicle was towed from the scene.
The Greencastle Fire Department investigated three fire alarms recently.
* At 4:36 p.m. Thursday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 304 S. Indiana St. An issue was not located and the alarm was reset.
* At 11:30 p.m. Thursday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 504 E. Seminary St. A pull station had been activated.
* At 8:57 a.m. Friday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. The alarm was caused by a curling iron.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.