Putnam Scanner for 11-12-15
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 8:43 a.m. on Friday, Ramandeep Singh, 19, Stockton, Calif., was arrested for theft and identity deception.
At 11:40 a.m. Trevor Neithardt, 27, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a traffic warrant.
At 2:20 p.m. April Renee Snow, 33, Greencastle, was charged with probation violation.
At 4:20 p.m. Candace Janine Benson, 55, Greencastle, was booked in for operating while intoxicated, operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and bond revocation.
* At 1:40 p.m. Saturday, Matthew Scott Cliburn, 21, Greencastle, was housed at the jail by court order.
At 8:50 p.m. Katherine Graham Beard, 25, no city listed, was arrested on a warrant and for possession of a syringe and false informing.
* At 2:20 a.m. Sunday, Ricky Martin Dwinell, 54, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for battery and disorderly conduct.
At 10:30 a.m. Billie Wetzel Jr., 26, Indianapolis, was booked in on a warrant.
At 10:30 p.m. C. Brian Wandling, 51, Evansville, was charged with operating while intoxicated.
At 11:35 p.m. Pattie Lynn Martin, 49, Poland, was booked in for operating while intoxicated.
* At 2:55 a.m. Monday, Zachary Nathaniel Muncy, 35, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
At 9:30 a.m. Amber Nicole Decker, 30, Greencastle, was arrested for theft.
At 2 p.m. Michael Sidney Anvoots, 27, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a court order.
* At 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, Douglas Lee Allsup, 39, Terre Haute, was charged with motor vehicle theft.
Putnam County Sheriff's Department deputies have responded to six recent single-vehicle accidents, including five involving deer.
* At 4:20 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5, Kelly Wilson, 38, Connersville, was eastbound on County Road 75 South in a 1999 Honda Accord.
Wilson told Deputy Jacob Harrington she was rounding a curve when she lost control. She attempted to brake and went left of center, sideswiping an eastbound 2001 Chrysler Sebring driven by Timothy Wheeler, 56, Brazil. The impact caused Wheeler to leave the road.
Wilson said she was unfamiliar with the road.
Harrington was assisted at the scene by Lt. Donnie Pettit and Capt. Tom Helmer.
Both vehicles were towed. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 8:16 p.m. on Friday, Nicholas A. Bright, 26, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 550 West in a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 when he hit a deer with the front right side.
Deputy Stephen Smith estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 7:40 p.m. on Sunday, Cort B. Lamey, 20, Haubstadt, was southbound on U.S. 231 just north of County Road 1300 North in a 2003 Chevrolet K2500 truck when he hit a deer.
Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $5,001-$10,000.
* At 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, Angela L. Grimes, 28, Greencastle, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2014 Hyundai when she hit a deer.
Deputy Biggs estimated damage at less than $1,000.
* At 12:19 a.m. on Monday, Kyla R. Norman, 28, Roachdale, was southbound on County Road 250 East in a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt when she hit a deer.
Deputy Smith estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Julia R. Johnston, 56, Roachdale, was westbound on County Road 1000 North just west of County Road 250 East in a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado when she hit a deer.
Deputy Harrington estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500. He was assisted at the scene by Lt. Pettit.
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with two medical runs and responded to several other dispatches recently.
* At 10:03 p.m. Friday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 807 S. College Ave. DePauw Police Department advised a pull station had been activated, but it had already been reset.
* At 10:36 p.m. Friday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 446 Anderson St. A pull station had been activated.
* At 8:58 a.m. Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 406 S. Indiana St. No issue was found and DePauw police reset the alarm.
* At 9:38 a.m. Saturday, GFD returned to 406 S. Indiana St. for another fire alarm. The detector head was cleaned and reset.
* At 6:55 p.m. Saturday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St., which was caused by hair care products.
* At 9:54 p.m. Saturday, GFD was called to a residence at 705 Kirkwood Dr. to check an oxygen sensor.
* At 5:45 a.m. Sunday, GFD shut down the sprinkler at 917 S. Zinc Mill Rd. due to a broken water line.
* At 11:28 a.m. Sunday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 309 E. Franklin St. The department was unable to locate an issue because the alarm was already reset.
* At 11:41 a.m. Sunday, GFD returned to 309 E. Franklin St. for a second alarm. A dirty detector caused the issue, which was cleaned and reset.
* At 10:32 p.m. Sunday, GFD assisted Fillmore Fire Department with a structure fire at 3839 E. County Road 300 South.
* At 5:56 p.m. Tuesday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 508 S. Jackson St. The alarm was activated due to a faulty detector head.
* At 7:41 p.m. Tuesday, GFD responded to a dryer fire at 1177 W. County Road 200 North. The department was on scene just short of an hour to fight the fire contained to the basement laundry room.
* At 3:05 p.m. Wednesday, GFD investigated a smoke scare on U.S. 231, south of U.S. 40. A small fire in a ditch was reported in the area, but the department was unable to locate.
* At 3:19 p.m. Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 10296 S. County Road 100 East to assist Cloverdale with a fire in the woods.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.