Putnam County Scanner for 3-18-16
The following persons were recently booked into the Putnam County Jail:
* At 12:10 a.m. on Tuesday, Jean Denissa Sherman, 32, Greencastle, was booked into the jail on a warrant.
* At 2:24 a.m. on Tuesday, Kenneth D. Woods, 28, Greencastle, was booked into the jail for failure to appear.
* At 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dillon Thompson, 18, Poland, was lodged at the jail on court order.
* At 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Jeremy Scott Doerr, 38, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on court order.
* At 11:20 a.m. on Wednesday, Melissa Hargis-McClulough, 45, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on informal charges of a probation violation.
* At 2:40 p.m. on Wednesday, Amber Lynn Woods, 26, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail on a court order.
* At 7:40 p.m. on Wednesday, Jerry Edward Minnick, 48, Gosport, was booked in on a warrant.
A 27-year-old Greencastle man faces multiple charges following an alleged shoplifting incident Wednesday afternoon at the Greencastle Walmart store, City Police reported.
* In a 12:18 p.m. incident, Rusty Shane Drury was arrested and lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of theft, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
Capt. Chris Jones reported that Drury allegedly took a cell phone case, lip balm and some electronics, totaling $55.23, reportedly concealing the items in his coat pocket.
The police report indicates Drury removed the phone case from its packaging and placed it on his girlfriend's phone and gave it back to her. She was not charged.
The suspect also reportedly went into a store bathroom before attempting to leave. There, authorities found a headphone case in a toilet where it is alleged Drury attempted to flush the evidence.
Two accidents were investigated recently by city officers.
* At 6:27 p.m. Tuesday, a two-vehicle mishap occurred on the parking lot of the Shoppes of Greencastle off Indianapolis Road.
Dustin Sutherlin, 23, Fillmore, was driving a 2014 Dodge Charger northbound in the lot near Extreme Tanning when he stopped for another vehicle backing from a parking space.
Crystal Sanders, 32, Cloverdale, was parked facing eastbound in a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer, waiting for another vehicle to back out, Officer Zach Rhine reported.
The Sutherlin and Sanders vehicles then collided as both began to move after the vehicles they had been waiting on cleared the parking spaces.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000
* At 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at Franklin Street and College Avenue as Alyssa Bolin, 20, Poland, was southbound, driving a 2001 Ford Explorer with the right-of-way.
Phillip Abell Sr., 71, Fillmore, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic and stopped at the stop sign but proceeded into the intersection, apparently believing it was a four-way stop, Officer Kyle Lee reported.
The ensuing collision resulted in a estimated $2,500-$5,000 damage.
Abell complained of a foot injury but declined medical treatment from Operation Life ambulance personnel.
One recent citation was issued by GPD officers
* At 1:55 a.m. Wednesday, Michael McCullough Jr., 20, Greencastle, was stopped by Officer Rhine on Percy Julian Drive.
McCullough was cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
One minor injury resulted from a hit-and-run at the intersection of U.S. 231 and U.S. 40 on Monday afternoon.
Officer Riley Houghton reported that at 2 p.m., Lewis K. Kohler, 22, Cloverdale, was headed north through the intersection of U.S. 231 and U.S. 40 when a blue or green van turned left on a red light and struck the front of Kohler's 1997 Toyota Tercel.
Kohler and his passenger, Juli Enzinger, 57, Bloomington, were immobilized in the eastbound lane of U.S. 40, but the driver of the van did not stop and continued east on U.S. 40.
Kohler was transported to Putnam County Hospital for minor bleeding to his chest.
Kohler's vehicle was towed from the scene, and Officer Houghton estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The suspect vehicle had not yet been found at presstime.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to four dispatches and three medical assists.
* At 7:11 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD responded to a gas leak at 1042 Castlebury Dr. A small natural gas leak was detected. GFD shut off the gas and turned responsibility over to the apartment complex's maintenance crew.
* At 6:47 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 950 Deerfield Dr. A mulch bed was found smoldering so GFD extinguished the flames and cleared the scene at 6:58 a.m.
* At 10:53 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 309 Medic Way but was canceled en route.
* At 11:58 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 98 N. 10th St. but was canceled en route.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.