Putnam Scanner for 5-7-16
One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 12:34 a.m. on Friday, Jonathan Daniel Serviss, 35, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a warrant.
Two speeding tickets were issued Wednesday evening by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 9:38 p.m., Abbisola Oxley, 22, Brooklyn, N.Y., was ticketed by Reserve Officer Billy Wallace.
Stopped on Indianapolis Road, Oxley was cited for 46 mph in a 30-mph zone.
* At 8:34 p.m., Caleb Jarrett, 20, Coatesville, was cited by Reserve Officer Wallace.
Stopped on Fillmore Road, Jarrett was ticketed for 51 mph in a 30-mph zone.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to two dispatches.
* At 9:20 p.m. on Thursday, GFD responded to an unauthorized burn at 5 N. Central Ave. GFD explained rules and regulations regarding burning ordinances within the city and returned to station at 9:41 p.m.
* At 12:25 p.m. on Friday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. The alarm was determined to have been unnecessarily set off by a hair dryer on the building's second floor.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.