Three firefighters injured in Heritage Lake blaze
COATESVILLE -- A house fire in the Mill Springs section of Heritage Lake left a residence heavily damaged and three firefighters injured Saturday.
Floyd Township Volunteer Fire Department officials indicated the fire was sparked by a malfunctioning propane grill.
Two firefighters were treated at the scene for minor burn injuries after a section of ceiling reportedly collapsed on them, while a third fireman was taken to the hospital via ambulance with reported chest pains.
Damage to the Mill Springs area home of John and Mary Delaney was estimated at $275,000. It was deemed a total loss, "despite the best efforts of several departments," Floyd Township fire officials said.
No injuries were reported to anyone in the Putnam County residence.
Firefighters were called out at 12:20 p.m. and were on the scene past 6 p.m.
Floyd Township Fire Department would like to thank all assisting agencies for their help on a long and hot fire along with several local residents for their assistance in providing food and water.
Agencies assisting were: Bainbridge Fire Department, Greencastle Fire Department, Fillmore Fire Department, Jefferson Township Fire Department, Roachdale Fire Department, Russellville Fire Department, Putnam County Operation Life, Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Putnam County 911 Dispatch, Danville Fire Department, North Salem Fire Department, Coatesville Fire Department, Amo Fire Department, Stilesville Fire Department, Fire Department of Liberty Township, Ladoga Fire Department, the Indianapolis Fire Department Volunteer Rehab Squad and Reelsville Fire Department's investigator.