Putnam Scanner for Aug. 3, 2016
Several people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 4:59 p.m. Mark Allen Flinchum, 26, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
* At 5:08 a.m. Eric Michael Stoneking, no age or address available, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* At 1:27 a.m. Kevin P. Chambers, 52, Indianapolis, was booked in on a warrant.
* At 12:19 a.m. Brandon Allen Hubbard, 27, Spencer, was housed at the jail for domestic battery.
* At 4:30 p.m. Travis Joe Lester, 46, Evansville, was booked in on a local warrant.
* At 4:24 p.m. Elmer Eugene Burnett, 55, Poland, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
*At 11:16 a.m. Michael James Blankenship, 38, Poland, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
* At 7:38 p.m. Sunday, James Smith III, 35, Greencastle, was arrested on Veterans Memorial Highway by GPD Officer Zach Rhine.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Smith is facing charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement, battery on a law enforcement officer and intimidation.
Smith also reportedly refused to submit to portable breathalyzer testing.
Meanwhile, in a Saturday, July 27 case, two men are being cited for being minors in consumption of alcohol.
* At 12:10 a.m. Saturday, Capt. Charles Inman was called to a Shadowlawn Avenue address where he discovered that Derick Pemberton, 20, Greencastle, and Juan Valdez, 18, Roachdale, had reportedly been drinking alcoholic beverages.
Pemberton registered a blood-alcohol content level of .02 percent, while Valdez registered .028 percent.
They will be summoned into court to answer charges.
One recent traffic citation was issued by city officers.
* At 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jonathon Eversole, 26, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Matt Huffman on Crown Street at Howard Street.
Eversole was ticketed for operating a motorcycle without proper endorsement.
Putnam County sheriff's deputies responded to two recent property-damage crashes.
* At 10 p.m. on Sunday, Shatasha C. Shelton Overstreet, 21, Crawfordsville, was westbound on U.S. 36, just west of Bainbridge, in a 2005 Mitsubishi Galant when she hit a deer.
Deputy Jacob Harrington estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000. The car was towed.
* At 5:31 a.m. on Sunday, Elizabeth J. Cottam, 27, Terre Haute, was eastbound on Interstate 70 near the 37-mile marker in a 2003 Ford Escape.
Deputy Anthony Brown arrived at the scene to find Cottam standing next to the vehicle on the shoulder, but she was unable to tell him what happened.
Brown said tire marks indicated the vehicle was in the fast lane before a directional change to the south, which carried it across the right lane and off the roadway, coming to rest in a ditch.
Cottam was transported from the scene with a possible lower leg injury.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.