Putnam Scanner 9-10-16
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 5:13 p.m. Kyle Andrew Kelly, 23, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a theft warrant.
• At 3:37 p.m. Vernell Charles, 36, Lafayette, was taken into custody on a warrant for probation violation.
• At 11:55 a.m. Rana Lynn Abraham, 27, Paragon, was arrested on a local warrant.
• At 11:55 a.m. Stefanie Marie Wells, 31, Jasonville, was housed at the jail on a warrant for auto theft.
Two teenagers will be summoned into court to answer charges in recent stops made by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:20 p.m. Thursday, Gracyn Bell, 19, Greencastle, was stopped by Officer Elsiana Crosby.
Encountered at a Cstlebury Apartments residence, Bell will be summoned into court for possession of marijuana.
• At 1:10 a.m. Sept. 4, Julian Librizzi, 19, Staten Island , N.Y., was stopped by Reserve Officer Kenneth Shepherd at Bloomington and Seminary streets.
Librizzi will be summoned into court on a charges of being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
He registered a blood-alcohol level of .106 percent on portable breathalyzer testing.
One recent ticket was issued by city officers.
• At 7:46 a.m. Wednesday, Billy Barnett, 18, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Kyle Lee.
Stopped at Judson and Catlebury drives, Barnett was ticketed for being an operator never licensed.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to four recent property-damage crashes.
• At 7:10 p.m. on Thursday, James R. Marcum III, 20, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 just south of County Road 100 North in a 1999 Ford Ranger.
Marcum told Deputy Jacob Harrington he began to lose traction on the wet road. The vehicle crossed the southbound lane and left the road, hitting a ditch and rolling, coming to rest on its top on the west side of U.S. 231.
Marcum was not injured. The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
• At 5:10 p.m. on Wednesday Ashley M. Wombles, 24, Greencastle, was northbound on U.S. 231 just north of County Road 300 South in a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor. She told Deputy Matt Biggs she was slowed in a traffic backup.
April D. Negley, 39, Greencastle, was also northbound in a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. She told Biggs she did not see the traffic backup in time.
Negley was unable to stop in time. She swerved to the right but hit the rear bumper of Wombles’ car.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 7 a.m. on Wednesday, Karen R. Bellville, 46, Bowling Green, was northbound on County Road 375 West about a half mile south of County Road 550 South.
Bellville told Deputy Biggs an animal ran into the road and she couldn’t avoid the collision.
Damage was estimated at less than $1,000.
• At 2:58 p.m. on Tuesday, Keirra M. Porter, 19, Terre Haute, was westbound in the right lane of U.S. 40 in Putnamville in a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora. Leonard D. Wheeler, 53, Brazil, was also westbound in the left lane in a 2000 International dump truck.
Porter told Deputy Virgil Lanning the dump truck attempted to change lanes and hit her left rear quarter panel.
Wheeler told Lanning he noticed traffic in the right lane but did not see Porter’s vehicle because it was in his blind spot. Wheeler said he believes Porter drifted into his lane, hitting his front bumper.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.