Putnam Scanner 5-24-17
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday.
• At 6:49 p.m. Madonnna Darlene McElwee, 30, Coatesville, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 5:23 p.m. Chris Ann Puhala, 48, Greencastle, was arrested on a court order.
• At 3:22 p.m. Samuel Ryan Strange, 37, Clinton, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 12:48 a.m. Jessie Hensley, 50, Coatesville, was booked in for domestic battery.
Two arrests were reported Monday by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 8:42 p.m. Harold Franklin Jones, 26, Spencer, was arrested by Sgt. Eric Vaughan at Taco Bell on Indianapolis Road.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Jones was picked up on an Owen County warrant for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• At 2 a.m. Troy Eugene Campbell II, 24, Greencastle, was arrested at the Walmart store parking lot on Indianapolis Road by Officer Alec Pettit.
A traffic stop ultimately led to the arrest of Campbell, who police said was allegedly speeding as he approached the stoplight at State Road 240.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Campbell is facing a charge of with driving while intoxicated. Under portable breathalyzer testing, he registered a blood-alcohol content of .081 percent.
One recent summons was issued by GPD Officer Kyle Lee.
• At 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, May 17, Joseph Cochran, 41, Indianapolis, was stopped in the Verizon parking lot on Indianapolis Road.
Cochran was issued a summons for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to one recent accident resulting in property damage.
• At 7:37 a.m. on Monday, Frank E. Middleton, 61, Greencastle, was eastbound on County Road 25 South, approaching County Road 100 East in a 2009 Pontiac G6.
Middleton told Deputy Josh Boller he couldn’t see due to sun glare and went through the four-way stop, then into a ditch, damaging a fence and a road sign.
The vehicle was towed. Deputy Boller estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.