Putnam Scanner 5-31-17
Eighteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 3:12 p.m. Samuel Andrew Robertson, 37, Spencer, was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
• At 6:52 p.m. Michael Dominique Hughes, 31, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 12:43 p.m. Dominic Allen Corrie, 19, Bedford, was arrested on a local warrant.
• At 7:34 a.m. Susan Renee Meeks, 34, Clay City, was charged with theft.
• At 9:33 p.m. Jerry Michael VanFossen, 43, Quincy, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 4:04 a.m. Robin Jay Maynard, 53, Fillmore, was booked in for disorderly conduct, intimidation and public intoxication.
• At 2:35 a.m. Josh Andrew Mitchell, 21, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for driving under the influence of drugs.
• At 12:42 a.m. Dustin Kurtis Brauer, 38, Cloverdale, was taken into custody on a warrant.
• At 1:40 p.m. John Ryan Sanders, 34, Coatesville, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and probation violation.
• At 8:37 a.m. Terry Dean Hayes, 32, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine.
• At 2:02 a.m. Joseph Blaine Walters, 33, Crawfordsville, was charged with domestic battery, strangulation, resisting law enforcement, battery on law enforcement and public intoxication.
• At 1:51 a.m. Brandon Kaylee Cox, 37, Greencastle, was booked in for battery and probation violation.
• At 12:43 a.m. Beth Ann Severe, 32, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 10:32 p.m. Cody Stalone Sims, 31, Greencastle, was taken into custody for battery with bodily injury and public intoxication.
• At 7:02 p.m. Thomas Roger Lange, 50, Brazil, was charged with invasion of privacy.
• At 2:11 p.m. Scott R. Tallman, 42, Plainfield, was arrested on a local warrant.
• At 1:26 p.m. Timothy Joseph Conover, 26, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a pair of local warrants.
• At 9:45 a.m. Jeremy Carl Wilson, 35, Greencastle, was booked in on a court order.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated five recent property damage accidents.
• A Coatesville man was arrested Sunday for driving while intoxicated following a single-vehicle accident.
At 6:45 p.m., 21-year-old Kagan S. Jeter was northbound on County Road 725 East north of County Road 600 North in a 2005 Dodge Ram when it left the road and hit a tree.
Jeter told Deputy Jeffery Freeman he looked down at his phone and left the roadway.
The driver tested at .121 blood alcohol content on a portable breath test and was taken into custody. He later tested at .111 on the certified test.
At 8:46 p.m., Jeter was booked in the Putnam County Jail for driving while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
Jeter sustained minor injuries due to contact with the steering wheel. He was also cited for a seat belt violation.
The truck was towed. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 5:19 p.m. on Sunday, Sandra K. Murbarger, 71, Marshall, was westbound on County Road 600 North approaching the T-intersection with County Road 625 East in a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu.
Murbarger failed to yield right-of-way at the stop and proceeded into the path of Cody L. Pierson, 27, Indianapolis, who was northbound on County Road 625 East in a 2003 Dodge Ram.
The front left of Murbarger’s car hit the front of Pierson’s truck.
Murbarger complained of neck pain, as did a passenger in Pierson’s car.
Murbarger’s car was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 11:30 p.m. on Friday, Joseph B. Walters, 33, Crawfordsville, was on a private property campground at 736 S. CR 825 East in a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora.
He backed into the side of an unoccupied 2008 Dodge Ram registered to Joel Ramirez of Lake Charles, La.
Deputy Anthony Brown estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
• At 5:50 p.m. on Friday, Ladonna G. Berry, 62, Roachdale, was stopped southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2015 Honda CR-V at the temporary construction signal at Brick Chapel. Becky K. Berry, 28, Danville, was also southbound in a 2006 Chevrolet truck.
The light turned green and both drivers began to move into the construction zone when the light turned yellow. Ladonna Berry applied her brakes but Becky Berry could not stop in time, rear-ending the other vehicle.
Deputy Kyle Gibbons estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 3:12 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23, Hussein A. Mohammed, 42, Lansing, Mich., was westbound on Interstate 70 near the 35-mile marker in a 2013 Freightliner semi when he hit a deer.
Deputy Brown estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.