Putnam Scanner for June 7, 2017
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 3 p.m. Daniel Dale Frazier, 23, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 12:14 p.m. Kellie Joe James, 46, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 11:32 a.m. Deja Vashielle Johnson, 23, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
•At 3:14 p.m. Rusin Ray Thomas Jr., 23, Brazil, was arrested for criminal mischief and public intoxication.
One arrest was reported Monday evening by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 7:21 p.m. Clint Joseph Byrd, 20, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Zach Rhine near the intersection of Fifth Street and Avenue D on the city’s East Side.
Arrested on a bench warrant, Byrd is also facing a charge of resisting law enforcement.
Byrd was subsequently lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Two recent property-damage accidents were also reported by city officers.
• At 2:49 p.m. Monday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at Franklin and Jackson streets on the northwest corner of the courthouse square.
Aleah Duncan, 18, Coatesville, was eastbound, attempting to turn off Franklin Street onto Jackson Street in a 2006 Toyota Sequoia when her vehicle struck a southbound 2013 Buick, driven by Nick Mourouzis, 80, Greencastle.
Officer Kyle Lee, who was assisted at the scene by Sgt. Ed Wilson, estimated total damage in the accident at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 2:50 p.m. Saturday, a two-vehicle mishap was reported on the parking lot of the Greencastle Walmart store off State Road 240.
Officer Josh Smith reported that Mary Finney, 59, Bainbridge, was westbound, driving a 2002 Dodge Caravan across the front of the store when a 2000 Chevrolet, driven by William Reeves, 81, Greencastle, pulled out of a parking aisle into her path and a collision occurred.
Total damage in the accident was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to three single-vehicle accidents on Monday.
• At 9:55 p.m. Cole H. Elson, 64, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2017 Dodge Ram when it hit a deer.
Deputy Robert Soileux estimated damage at $5,001-$10,000. The truck was towed.
• At 8:30 a.m. John D. Gardner, 64, Fillmore, was northbound on County Road 625 North in a 2012 Chevrolet SUV when he fell asleep.
Gardner told Deputy Josh Boller his vehicle went left of center before leaving the west side of the road and hitting some trees. The vehicle then went back across the road, coming to rest in a ditch on the east side.
The SUV was towed. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 5:20 a.m. Jeffrey A. Wells, 55, Brazil, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado when he hit a deer.
Deputy Boller estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.