Putnam Scanner for 8-30-17
Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday.
• At 11:19 p.m. Katherine Graham Beard, 27, Danville, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 6 p.m. Delbert Edward Boswell, 44, Cloverdale, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 2:48 p.m. Brittany Rose Davis, 18, Greencastle, was arrested on a local warrant.
• At 2:08 p.m. Frederick DeShawn Gibson, 31, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 2:03 p.m. Danell Rose Reno, 42, Indianapolis, was booked in on three local warrants.
• At 11:18 a.m. Amber Nicole Decker, 32, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:17 a.m. Robert Michael Noble, 46, Greencastle, was taken into custody for forgery, false informing, nonsupport of a dependent child and on an out-of-county warrant.
Five recent citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:50 a.m. Sunday, Lam Do, 46, Springfield, Mo., was ticketed by Capt. Chris Jones.
Do was stopped at State Road 240 and Percy Julian Drive and cited for failure to stop at a highway.
• At 10:11 a.m. Sunday, Eric Curran, 42, Cloverdale, was issued two citations by Capt. Jones.
Stopped at Percy Julian Drive and Avenue F, Curran was ticketed for speeding (34 mph in a 20-mph zone) and also cited for driving with a suspended license.
• At 2:10 p.m. Friday, Nickolas Ring, 18, Bainbridge, was cited for speeding by Capt. Jones.
Stopped on Shadowlawn Avenue, Ring was ticketed for 34 mph in a 20-mph zone.
• At 11:01 a.m. Friday, Dorthy Stanton, 24, Reelsville, was ticketed by Capt. Jones.
Stanton was stopped on Shadowlawn Avenue for operating a motor vehicle without a license.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to five dispatches.
• At 9:27 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 405 S. Jackson St. GFD reset the alarm before returning to station at 9:35 p.m.
• At 9:45 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. (DePauw University’s Humbert Hall). However, GFD determined the alarm had been activated unnecessarily due to unknown reasons. GFD subsequently reset the alarm and returned to station at 9:57 p.m.
• At 4:31 p.m. on Sunday, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 208 E. Olive St. (Humbert Hall). GFD reset the alarm before returning to station at 4:45 p.m.
• At 5:09 p.m. on Sunday, GFD responded to reports of downed power lines in the area of 1280 N. Jackson St. A dump truck reportedly “knocked the lines down” which then hung loosely over the roadway. GFD then assisted officers from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department with traffic regulation for more than six hours until the telephone company could arrive to remove the lines. GFD returned to station at 11:33 p.m.
• At 8:41 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD responded to reports of a gas leak at 1360 Indianapolis Rd. GFD monitored the air inside the restaurant until open doors and windows allowed hazardous levels to drop. GFD then returned to station at 9:52 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.