Putnam Scanner for Sept. 18, 2017
Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11:34 p.m. Teresa Diane Wallen, 41, Brownsburg, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 12:33 a.m. Michael Eugene Schicker, 36, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a property-damage accident.
• At 12:28 a.m. Derek Allen Thomas, 33, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for false informing and on a Marion County warrant.
• At 9:37 a.m. Brian Allen Hood, 32, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a Marion County warrant.
• At 4:17 a.m. William Jordan Clements, 22, Fillmore, was taken into custody for auto theft.
• At 11:39 p.m. Steve Paul Penturf, 54, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 7:42 p.m. Jonathon David Eversole, 27, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of a synthetic drug, possession of paraphernalia with a prior conviction and on a local warrant.
• At 5:49 p.m. Danny Ray Martin, 34, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery and public intoxication.
• At 3:03 p.m. Logan Michael Galloway, 18, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to one recent property-damage crash.
• Two occupants of a motorcycle suffered minor injuries in a Saturday hit-and-run crash on State Road 243.
George K. George Jr., 51, Rosedale, was northbound on a 2005 Harley-Davidson, following a white 1990s Chevrolet Blazer driven by a white male with dark hair.
George told Capt. Tom Helmer and Deputy Scott Ducker the driver of the Blazer was having issues with his vehicle, which was missing out and whose brakes had locked up at the intersection of 243 and CR 1000 South.
George said the vehicle continued to drive slow and activated its emergency flashers as it crossed over Interstate 70. George said he believed the Blazer was going to pull over to the shoulder, so he attempted to pass on the left as they approached County Road 900 South.
However, as George’s motorcycle pulled alongside the Blazer, it turned left into the side of his bike. The impact caused both George and his passenger, 51-year-old Aliia G. Austin, Roachdale, to fall from the motorcycle.
The driver of the Blazer failed to stop and continued westbound on 900 South.
Both George and Austin were treated at the scene by Operation Life for cuts, scrapes and minor bleeding, but signed medical releases.
Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted at the scene.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Two recent theft arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers
• At 8:27 p.m. Saturday, Steven Drinkard Sr., 57, Chunchula, Ala., was arrested at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Drinkard, who allegedly concealed a $4.73 item and attempted to leave without paying for it, was reportedly caught with a fishing lure in his pocket.
Arrested by Sgt. Eric Vaughan, Drinkard was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
• At 6:48 p.m. Thursday, Geri Capps, 27, Fillmore, was arrested at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Capps was stopped with a reported $85.48 worth of cosmetics, nail products and jewelry concealed in her purse.
Arrested by Capt. Charles Inman, Capps was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
• At 3:13 p.m. Thursday, Frederick Buttery, 43, Russellville, was arrested on Parke County warrant for auto theft and unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle.
Stopped on Indianapolis Road, Buttery was arrested by Capt. Chris Jones and lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Buttery was also issued a summons for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Three additional summonses were issued by city officers.
• At 9:10 p.m. Saturday, Samantha Hanners, 26, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Hanners was stopped on Indianapolis Road and issued a summons to appear in court for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
• At 12:28 a.m. Saturday, Megan Rady, 28, Brazil, was stopped on Veterans Memorial Highway by Officer Luke Brown.
Rady was issued a summons to appear in court for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense. She was also ticketed for having false or fictitious registration.
• At 9:39 p.m. Friday, Casey Tarver, 27, Reelsville, was issued a summons to appear in court for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Tarver was cited by Officer Hiatt on Veterans Memorial Highway.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to three dispatches and six medical runs.
• At 7:29 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 107 W. Hanna St. However, the first-floor alarm was determined to have been activated unnecessarily due to unknown reasons. GFD reset the alarm without issue and returned to station at 7:39 p.m.
• At 3:23 a.m. on Sunday, GFD responded to a fire alarm at 505 S. Jackson St. However, the second-floor alarm was determined to have been activated unnecessarily due to unknown reasons. GFD reset the alarm without issue and subsequently returned to station at 3:36 a.m.
• At 6:15 a.m. on Monday, GFD responded to reports of downed power lines at 404 W. Columbia St. The downed lines were found to have fallen onto the residence nearby vehicle on the property after a rotting tree was determined to have caused an adjacent power pole to break. Concerned with a potential fire, the residents also contacted Duke Energy, which had shut off the power to the residence before GFD crews arrived on scene. The occupants were deemed safe inside the home as power to the lines had been disconnected, prompting GFD to return to station at 6:53 a.m. while workers from Duke Energy repaired the pole/lines.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.