Putnam Scanner for 9-22-17
Fifteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 10:29 p.m. Paul Edward Alleyn, 51, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 8:25 p.m. Paul Edwin McKinney, 35, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for probation violation.
• At 2:34 p.m. Edward Alan Jones, 34, Brazil, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
• At 2:19 p.m. Magon Jonell Tabor, 25, Greencastle, was booked in for battery resulting in bodily injury, fraud and on a local warrant.
• At 2:08 p.m. Joshua Wayne Query, 36, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
• At 1:58 p.m. Bob Henry Dunaway, 28, Roachdale, was taken into custody for domestic battery.
• At 12:21 p.m. Taylor Michael Thornell, 22, Mooresville, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 11:48 a.m. Brandon Alan Wright, 20, Terre Haute, was booked in on a court order.
• At 10:16 a.m. Charles Allen Alexander, 32, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a court order.
• At 9:35 a.m. Brian Justin Syra, 43, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for resisting law enforcement, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
• At 6:53 p.m. Delaun Escary Minion, 21, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for false informing and driving with a suspended license.
• At 6:47 p.m. Antonio Lamont Porter, 35, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 4:34 p.m. Mickey Reese Joyce, 33, Muncie, was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana and driving while intoxicated.
• At 1:34 p.m. Daniel R. Steward, 38, Pinellas Park, Fla., was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 12:42 p.m. Alan Michael Rogers, 33, Monticello, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 2:23 p.m. on Wednesday, Austin M. Wallace, 21, Greencastle, was stopped on Edgelea Drive at U.S. 231 in a 2015 Chevrolet Son. Mark A. Abney, 54, Rockville, was northbound on 231 in a 1998 Toyota Corolla.
Both drivers told Deputy Scott Ducker a pickup truck was ahead of Abney’s vehicle, turning right onto Edgelea.
Wallace said he believed he was clear to turn southbound on U.S. 231 and proceeded into the intersection. Abney said he saw Wallace pull in front of him but could not avoid the collision.
Abney’s car hit the driver’s side front of Wallace’s.
Wallace complained of head pain.
Both vehicles were towed. Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to three dispatches and six medical runs.
• At 7:43 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to reports of an unauthorized burn at 811 Quail Ridge Dr. The residents, who were burning leaves, were advised of burning ordinances within city limits and instructed to extinguish the fire. GFD subsequently returned to station at 7:58 p.m.
• At 5:24 a.m. on Thursday, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 98 N. 10th St. The alarm was determined to have been activated unnecessarily due to burnt toast. GFD then returned to station at 5:40 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.