October First Friday to be another music-filled evening
The calendar has officially turned to autumn, but organizers of Greencastle First Friday are looking for one more night of music, food and fun on the square before heading indoors until spring.
Sponsored by Prime Real Estate, the October event will feature free pumpkins courtesy of the downtown broker.
Prime will be distributing 150 free pumpkins in front of the Franklin Street stage.
Music will again be one of the main attractions of the night with venues on both South Indiana Street and north of the courthouse on Franklin Street.
The south side schedule will include ZooSoul Drum Circle at 5 p.m., Jack Gibson Band at 7 p.m. and Opal Fly and Kapow at 8.
Eddie and the Motivators will play the Franklin Street stage beginning at 7 p.m.
War Radio will pay inside The Swizzle Stick at 9 p.m.
Other events included:
• The Deceptionist Matthew Redlaw, a deception artist and performer, will walk around an perform his illusions.
• Tours will be available of the newst downtown business addition, Namaste Lofts, owned by Rasell Harcourt. The Lofts are above Sue and Dave Murray’s office.
• Burdge Boots and Boutique, which will be moving to 100 W. Walnut St. on Oct. 16, will have a booth previewing the downtown move.
• The Rod Earley family will have llamas walking around for a selfie opportunity.
• Kirsch Family Dentistry will have football throw and basketball games to enjoy.
• Charlie’s Beef Cake Burgers will be serving food.
• Green Light Studios will be setting up some works of art.
• Almost Home and the Swizzle Stick Beer Garden will have an Octoberfest theme.
With the outdoor portion of the First Friday season wrapping up, organizers would also like to thank the City of Greencastle for its season-long sponsorship and Baker’s Septic for making the event more comfortable.