Putnam Scanner for Nov. 7, 2017
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 5:30 a.m. Bradford Jordan McKamey Linker, 25, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated, operating per se and disorderly conduct.
• At 4:57 a.m. Brittany LeyAnne Walker, 28, Greencastle, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated, operating per se, driving with a suspended license, resisting law enforcement, battery with bodily waste and disorderly conduct.
• At 6:41 a.m. Seann Ryan McEnery, 26, Centerpoint, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated and battery.
• At 5:37 a.m. Donald J. Gettelfinger, 20, Greencastle, was booked in for disorderly conduct and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• At 2:18 a.m. Garrett Scott Miller, 22, Harrington, Del., was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana with a prior conviction and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 1:35 p.m. Shannon Faye Walker, 27, Roachdale, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
One recent theft arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 9:51 p.m. Friday, Maria Von Tagen, 42, Greencastle, was arrested at the Walmart store after reportedly trying to steal more than $100 worth of miscellaneous items by placing them in a bag she was carrying. She was also charged with possession of a legend drug.
Items for which Von Tagen had not paid that were recovered include rubber sink stoppers, a Scripto lighter, eye drops, miniature replacement bulbs, a camping flask, Advil pain reliever, Thermos bottles, a cosmetic bag, a decorative candle, two packages of curtains, a T-shirt, a kitchen towel, an Ace wrist bandage and an LED push light.
Capt. Charles Inman listed the value of the recovered items in the shoplifting case as $105.93.
Von Tagen was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on the theft charge.
One accident was reported Friday morning at Franklin and Indiana streets as Jack O’Brien, 72, Greencastle, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck and reportedly suffered a medical issue without realizing it, Capt. Chris Jones reported.
• At 8:48 a.m. O’Brien’s truck reportedly struck a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze owned by Bonnie Roberts that was parked along North Indiana Street, pushing the unoccupied car up onto the sidewalk where it knocked down a stopsign.
The accident was initially called in as a hit-and-run, police said.
O’Brien continued west out of the city at normal speeds, Capt. Jones reported, before being contacted after a witness obtained his license plate number.
Police said he seemed very fatigued and apparently suffering the effects of the diabetic incident when he came to GPD headquarters. He was driven home by a family friend.
Total damage in the accident was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.