Putnam Scanner for Nov. 9, 2017
Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday.
• At 10:08 p.m. Mark Anthony Rush, 39, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery.
• At 4:45 a.m. Correna Yvonne Arthur, 49, Martinsville, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 4:39 a.m. Joshua Allen Sebastian, 27, Martinsville, was booked in on a local warrant.
On Tuesday, Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to a pair of property-damage crashes involving deer.
• At 9:01 p.m. two vehicles hit the same deer while traveling on U.S. 231 about 500 feet north of County Road 350 North.
Rachel D. Smith, 42, Bainbridge, was northbound in a 2007 Cadillac Escalade when the deer entered the road and she could not avoid the collision.
The impact caused the deer to become airborne. It traveled into the oncoming lane and hit the front of a 2004 Ford F250 driven southbound by Steven M. Hansen, 35, Jamestown.
Each pickup sustained an estimated $2,501-$5,000 in damage, according to Deputy Jeffery Freeman.
• At 4:40 a.m. Johnny E. Coleman, 42, Terre Haute, was eastbound on U.S. 40 just west of County Road 675 East in a 2015 Chrysler 200 when he hit a deer.
The car was towed. Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.