Putnam Scanner for Nov. 15, 2017
Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 10:09 p.m. Billy Aaron Barnett, 19, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a pair of local warrants.
• At 4:10 p.m. Cheryl Ann Bargo, 56, Greencastle, was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 10:41 a.m. Tristan Jason Gross, 21, Bainbridge, was housed at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
• At 7:56 a.m. Daymian Thomas-Franklin-Ray Weist, 22, Greencastle, was booked in for possession of a synthetic drug and probation violation.
One recent property-damage accident was investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 1:15 p.m. Sunday, a two-car accident was reported at Indianapolis Road and Warren Drive on the city’s East Side.
Sgt. Ed Wilson reported that Nancy Huffman, 75, Bainbridge, was westbound on Indianapolis Road, driving a 2013 Ford Mustang, when she was reportedly distracted momentarily and did not see that the stoplight at Warren Drive/10th Street had turned red.
Elizabeth Scobee, 36, Cloverdale, was proceeding through the intersection on a green light, driving a 2004 Saturn Ion, when her car was reportedly struck in the side by the Huffman car, police said.
Operation Life ambulance was called to the scene but Huffman declined treatment.
Total damage in the accident was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
Four recent traffic citations were issued by city officers.
• At 3:18 p.m. Friday, three of those citations were issued to Troy Dunscombe, 44, Greencastle, who was reportedly driving with a flat tire and did not want to stop.
Stopped by Sgt. Wilson on Berry Street, Dunscombe was cited for disregarding an automatic traffic control device, driving with a suspended license and operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility.
• At 9:49 p.m. Saturday, Patrick Lane, 48, St. John, was ticketed by Officer Luke Brown for going the wrong way on a one-way street.
Stopped on North Jackson Street, Lane was cited for going the wrong way on Walnut Street at Locust Street.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated a pair of recent crashes involving deer.
• At 5:10 p.m. on Monday, Barbara A. Hunley, 39, Russellville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 just east of County Road 490 West in a 2008 Ford Taurus when she hit a deer.
Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 6:40 p.m. on Thursday, Deasmond A. Ford, 20, Russellville, was southbound on County Road 850 West in a 2004 Chevrolet CK 2500 when he hit a deer.
Deputy Riley Houghton estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest. Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.