Putnam Scanner 11-29-17
Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 12:50 a.m. Chayanne Aragon, 23, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for criminal trespass, resisting law enforcement, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• At 1:37 a.m. Timothy Ray Luttrell, 48, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated and driving with a suspended license.
• At 12:47 a.m. Wesley Alan Baker, 35, Roachdale, was housed at the jail for domestic battery.
• At 2:43 a.m. Bryan Matthew Wooten, 26, Dublin, Ohio, was booked in for possession of marijuana, driving while intoxicated and driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 2:41 a.m. Alexander Scott Conerby, 24, Columbus, Ohio, was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana, public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance
• At 8:19 p.m. Rolland Cory Jacobson, 25, Cloverdale, was taken into custody on a warrant for possession of methamphetamine and for unlawful possession of a syringe.
• At 2:46 p.m. Johnathan N. Chapman, 34, Redding, Conn., was housed at the jail for possession of marijuana.
• At 12:52 a.m. Joseph Andrew Zaborski, 23, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a warrant and for possession of marijuana.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Katherine D. Blair, 31, Cloverdale, was eastbound on State Road 42, approaching County Road 750 East in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee when she hit a deer.
Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 7:02 a.m. on Tuesday, Duane L. Huge, 57, Quincy, was eastbound on U.S. 40 just east of 6208 E. U.S. 40 in a 2017 Volkswagen Jetta. William R. Honey, 40, Greencastle, was also eastbound in a 1979 Peterbilt pulling farm equipment.
Huge told Deputy Brian Helmer that as he attempted to pass Honey’s vehicle, he misjudged the timing and clipped the farm equipment.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 2:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 22, Taulbee R. Jackson, 22, Cloverdale, was northbound on County Road 75 West just north of County Road 550 South in a 2008 Volkswagen Golf GTI.
Jackson told Lt. Donnie Pettit he was entering a curve when he veered right to avoid an oncoming vehicle that was left of center.
Jackson lost control and left the road, hitting a telephone pole.
The car was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Two recent traffic accidents were investigated by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:16 a.m. Thursday, a two-vehicle accident at Seminary and Bloomington streets resulted in minor injury to one passenger.
Aaron Dayhuff, 28, Greencastle, was southbound on Bloomington Street, driving a 2006 Nissan Armada and approaching Seminary Street when a 2002 Buick LeSabre, driven by Fred Heidenreich, 73, Gilbert, Ariz., entered the intersection eastbound attempting to crossing Bloomington Street.
Heidenreich told Officer Nick Eastham that he stopped at the stopsign and attempted to cross Bloomington Street but did not see the Dayhuff vehicle and a collision occurred.
A passenger in the Dayhuff vehicle complained of pain to the right shoulder but declined transport to the hospital via ambulance after being checked out at the scene by Operation Life personnel, instead going to the hospital via private vehicle.
Total damage in the accident was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 10:58 p.m. Nov. 21 a two-vehicle mishap was reported at Indianapolis Road and East Franklin Street.
Vehicles driven by Jacqueline Bernard, 21, Stillwater, Minn., and Allen Plunkett, 17, Greencastle, were both stopped westbound on Indianapolis Road at the stoplight in front of the Kroger store.
Officer Luke Brown said Plunkett started forward in his 2008 Jeep Wrangler before Bernard had pulled away in her 2003 Toyota Camry and his vehicle struck the rear of her car.
Total damage in the accident was listed at $1,000-$2,500.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 11:50 p.m. Monday, William Long, 22, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Stopped on Veterans Memorial Highway, Long was ticketed for driving with a suspended license.