Putnam Scanner for April 28, 2018
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
• At 8:39 p.m. Rusty Lloyd Kleiber, 49, Bainbridge, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery and strangulation.
• At 4:14 p.m. Frank Donovan Saathoff, 32, Brazil, was taken into custody for resisting law enforcement.
• At 3:55 p.m. Dylan Andrew Deem, 19, Cloverdale, was booked in for resisting law enforcement and on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 11:22 a.m. Nicholas Edward Wolford, 47, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail for failure to appear.
• At 4:31 a.m. on Friday, Brandi L. Crowe, 28, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 175 West in a 2000 Chevrolet S10.
As she entered a left turn, her back tires hit loose gravel, causing her vehicle to leave the road and hit a tree.
The truck was towed. Deputy Riley Houghton estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000.
• At 10:12 p.m. on Thursday, Dustin R. Osborn, 39, Bainbridge, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2006 Ford Escape.
Osborn told Deputy Tanner Brown a deer ran out in front of him and he drove off the side of the road, into the gravel to miss the deer.
Osborn said the deer then doubled back to the east and he could not avoid the animal.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
• At 7:57 p.m. on Thursday, Danton A. Glover, 18, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 25 West in a 2003 Ford Explorer.
Glover told Deputy Houghton he was going up a hill on the road when he met a northbound blue passenger car that was left of center. To avoid the accident, he swerved and left the road, hitting a mailbox.
The owner of the mailbox said it was not damaged and that it only needed to be placed back on its pole.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.