Putnam Scanner for May 11, 2018
Eleven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:41 p.m. Samantha Marie Manning, 26, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for battery.
• At 4:02 p.m. Zakary Allen Kortesmaki, 23, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a petition to revoke probation.
• At 2:25 p.m. Carey James McFadden, 30, Indianapolis, was booked in for parole violation.
• At 11:54 a.m. Zakry Duane Culler, 22, Spencer, was lodged at the jail for failure to appear.
• At 11:06 a.m. Trystien Lee Boswell, 19, Cloverdale, was taken into custody on a probation violation.
• At 9:26 a.m. Michelle Dale Wilson, 47, Poland, was housed at the jail for intimidation and driving while intoxicated.
• At 9:48 a.m. Bryan Keith Conner, 42, Clinton, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 1:23 a.m. Anthony J. Spiker, 35, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 11:48 p.m. Zackary Allen McClain, 27, Spencer, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 9:44 p.m. Brian Christopher Faletic, 39, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated/refusal and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 4:04 p.m. Montez DeQuinn Tyler, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
Three recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 7:50 p.m. Wednesday, Karen Halcomb, 60, Mooresville, was arrested by Officer Brad Hiatt for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Halcomb, who was lodged in the Putnam County Jail, was stopped by Officer Hiatt on North Locust Street.
She registered a blood-alcohol content level of .20 percent under breathalyzer testing.
• At 2:28 p.m. Tuesday, Jacob Harvey, 38, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Darrel Bunten for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a prior offense.
Harvey, who registered a .29 percent blood-alcohol level, more than three times the legal limit, was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
He was arrested outside his Indianapolis Road residence.
• At 9:11 p.m. Monday, Yancy Griffie, 37, Indianapolis, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown following a traffic stop on Bloomington Street.
Griffie was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of auto theft and driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Griffie allegedly stole a 2006 Chevrolet Impala. Although the owner’s name was not noted on the police report, the car did have an Indiana license plate.
Meanwhile, two men were issued summonses in separate incidents investigated by GPD.
• At 1:40 a.m. Tuesday, Victor Alfonso, 20, New Albany, Ohio, was stopped on Indiana Street by Officer Alec Pettit.
Alfonso will be summoned into court to answer charges of being a minor in consumption of alcohol and possession of a fake ID.
• At 9:53 p.m. May 3, Timothy McCullough, 32, Greencastle, was issued a summons into court by Officer Pettit.
McCullough was given a summons for possession of paraphernalia and released from the scene after being stopped on County Road 275 East.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 10:15 a.m. May 5, Matthew Hubbard, 33, Roachdale, was cited by Officer Kyle Lee.
Stopped on Bloomington Street near Hanna Street, Hubbard was cited for an infraction of operating with a suspended license.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 9:41 p.m. on Monday, Kandice R. Thomas, 35, Rockville, was westbound on County Road 200 North, approaching a 90-degree turn at County Road 175 West, when a deer entered the path of a 2009 Mitsubishi Gallant.
Thomas told Deputy Jeffery Freeman she swerved to miss the animal and left the road, hitting a tree head on. The front end of the vehicle was heavily damaged.
Thomas declined medical attention but was checked out at the hospital on her own.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 3:51 p.m. on Monday, Jacque L. Hoffman, 30, Rockville, was southbound on Manhattan Road in a 1994 GMC pickup. Laura M. Williams, 49, Brazil, was also southbound in a 2009 Honda Accord following a school bus.
Hoffman told Deputy Brian Helmer she had dropped something and was trying to pick it up. She did not realize traffic in front of her was stopping as the bus dropped off children.
By the time Hoffman noticed the situation, she could not avoid rear-ending Williams’ car.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
• At 9:45 a.m. on Saturday, Margo L. Archer, 54, Greencastle, was eastbound on U.S. 40, approaching County Road 650 East in a 2016 Chevrolet Cruz when a herd of deer ran into the road.
Archer told Deputy Matt Biggs he could not avoid the collision, hitting more than one animal.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.