Putnam Scanner for May 22, 2018
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:48 a.m. Joseph Daniel Gardner, 25, Greencastle, lodged at the jail for resisting law enforcement, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 6:29 p.m. Eric Allen Griffin, 51, Greencastle, was booked in for driving while intoxicated.
• At 2:17 p.m. Deborah A. Fox, 66, Kanarraville, Utah, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 1:53 p.m. Craig Allen Fox, 65, Kanarraville, Utah, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia with a prior conviction and unlawful possession of a syringe.
• At 9:25 a.m. Cody Dale Spaulding, 24, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
One alcohol-related arrest was reported in recent activity of the Greencastle City Police.
Mark Daugherty, 21, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Brad Hiatt at Moore’s Bar on South Indiana Street at 11:21 p.m. Friday.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Daugherty was held on charges of disorderly conduct, public intoxication and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Two summonses were issued recently by city officers.
• At 6:51 p.m. Sunday, Rashelle Daugherty, 35, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Hiatt.
Stopped on North Jackson Street, Daugherty was issued a summons for driving with a suspended license while having a prior offense.
• At 10:20 p.m. Friday, Wayne Hurley, 43, Greencastle, was issued a summons by Capt. Charles Inman after a traffic stop on Bloomington Street.
Hurley was issued a summons for reckless possession of paraphernalia and released from the scene.
Two recent speeding tickets were issued by Greencastle officers.
• At 6:21 a.m. Sunday, Monica Baumgartner, 49, Urbana, Ill., was cited by Officer Nick Eastham.
Stopped on Bloomington Street, Baumgartner was ticketed for 57 mph in a 30-mph zone.
• At 11:35 p.m. Saturday, Dylan Phillips, 17, Reelsville, was ticketed by Capt. Inman.
Stopped on South Jackson Street near Hanna Street, Phillips was cited for 50 mph in a 20-mph zone.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated four recent property-damage accidents.
• At 5:40 p.m. on Saturday, Samantha Druyor, 20, Stilesville, was eastbound on State Road 42 in a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Connie Warner, 66, Poland, was also eastbound in a 2011 Subaru Forester.
Druyor told Deputy Tanner Brown she started to turn right into a driveway because her kitten was crying. She said she then looked down at the kitten, which caused her to drift to the left.
Warner said that when Druyor began to turn right, she attempted to go around her. However, Druyor drifted left, she collided with Warner’s vehicle.
Both drivers said Druyor did not signal her right turn.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
• At 4:51 p.m. on Saturday, Ricky R. Lehr, 60, Coatesville, was southbound on County Road 325 West in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado, pulling a trailer with a lawn mower on it. Lehr was preparing to turn left into a driveway to mow the lawn.
Lehr told Deputy Riley Houghton he did not see any oncoming traffic, so he proceeded with his turn.
However, as Lehr was turning, a northbound 2004 Honda Accord driven by Herbert N. Inglert, 76, Greencastle, crested a hill and saw the truck and trailer entering the driveway. Inglert said he did not have time to avoid colliding with the trailer.
Lehr was cited for driving a vehicle with expired plates (July 14, 2017).
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 6:35 a.m. on Saturday, Chandra G. Padgett, 44, Terre Haute, was eastbound on Interstate 70 at the 36.8-mile marker when her 2018 Chevrolet Cruze hit a deer.
Both Padgett and her passenger were taken to Putnam County Hospital for complaints of pain from airbag deployment.
The vehicle was towed. Deputy Matt Biggs estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At about 6:20 p.m. on Friday, Deputy Brown and Roachdale Police Officer Mike Parks were dispatched to 4370 W. CR 1275 North for a reported motor vehicle accident.
Brown reported that he arrived on the scene to find a 2005 Ford Escape off the south side of the road and the driver, 51-year-old Beth McClamroch, 51, Waveland, speaking unintelligibly. He said McClamroch appeared to have bruising around her right eye.
An ambulance transported McClamroch to Putnam County Hospital for evaluation.
The vehicle was towed. Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.