Putnam Scanner for May 25, 2018
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11:45 a.m. Joseph Anthony Fox, 18, Plainfield, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 4:59 a.m. Harrison J. Akers, 31, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 1:03 a.m. Chad Patrick Herzog, 29, Coal City, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 4:27 p.m. Trystien Lee Boswell, 19, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for two counts of intimidation, dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia with a prior conviction.
• At 3:26 p.m. Joshua Eugene Butcher, 41, Lebanon, was booked in on a local traffic warrant.
• At 10:53 a.m. Christopher Lee Pate, 34, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for theft and possession of a device to interfere with a drug screen.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 9:56 p.m. Tuesday, Jonathan Paul Troxell, 27, Indianapolis, was arrested outside the Kroger store on Indianapolis Road following a reported altercation with a female companion at the gas pumps.
Troxell was arrested by Officer Alec Pettit and lodged in the Putnam County Jail for possession of a controlled substance.
According to police, the couple got into an altercation after a cat they came to Greencastle to get apparently got out of the vehicle at the gas pumps. Neither person wanted to press charges but Troxell was taken into custody by police on the controlled substance charge.
• At 7:27 p.m. Tuesday, Chandler Ray Hyten, 21, Fillmore, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown following a one-vehicle accident on East Washington Street.
Hyten was lodged in the Putnam County Jail for possession of methamphetamine.
Police said Hyten was eastbound near Hammond Drive, driving a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox when the vehicle went off the south side of the roadway and struck a Duke Energy pole.
Hyten told police he was distracted by a dog inside his vehicle.
Officer Brown estimated total damage at $5,000-$10,000.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 2:37 a.m. Tuesday, Bobby Hood, 25, Greencastle, was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Hood was stopped on Shadowlawn Avenue by Officer Pettit.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 4:14 p.m. on Wednesday, John L. Overman, 35, Avon, was westbound on U.S. 36, approaching County Road 500 East in a 1997 Buick Century. Grace E. Merrell, 20, Bainbridge, was southbound on 500 East, approaching U.S. 36 in a 2002 Saturn LS1.
Overman told Deputy Josh Boller he “blinked” and Merrell’s vehicle was in his path, attempting to turn east onto 36. He said he could not avoid a right-angle collision.
Merrell told Boller she only remembered trying to turn eastbound and cannot remember what happened afterward.
Overman refused medical treatment at the scene. Merrell was treated for neck pain.
Damage was estimated at $10,000-$25,000. Both vehicles were towed.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.