Putnam Scanner for June 12, 2018
Fourteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:48 p.m. Casey Ryan Patrick, 33, Clayton, was lodged at the jail for reckless driving.
• At 2:10 p.m. John Bradley Inman Jr., 22, Greencastle, was taken into custody for theft.
• At 1:26 p.m. Hannah Louise Jordan, 26, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 3:29 a.m. Jason Aaron Young, 48, Greencastle, was booked in for operating while intoxicated-refusal, resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct.
• At 9:38 p.m. Joshua Andrew Mitchell, 22, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
• At 6:36 a.m. Darryl Richard Eastridge, 37, Beech Grove, was housed at the jail on a local traffic warrant.
• At 11:35 p.m. Daniel Aron Bruce, 34, Greencastle, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 11:04 p.m. Joshua Paul Hairston, 32, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail on a Marion County warrant.
• At 8:38 p.m. Johnathon Colin Kashman, 23, Russellville, was taken into custody on a local warrant and an out-of-county warrant.
• At 11:56 a.m. James M. Zoellner, 43, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 11:11 a.m. Robert Gene Frietzsche, 57, Greencastle, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 7:33 a.m. Carlton Lamont Chaney II, 22, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for carrying a handgun without a license and possession of marijuana.
• At 4:48 a.m. William Carl Winsemann, 44, Greencastle, was taken into custody for driving as a habitual traffic violator, driving with a BAC of .15 or more, driving while intoxicated and driving while intoxicated endangering a person.
• At 2:51 a.m. Christopher Michael Dollar, 30, Lizton, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
One arrest and one speeding citation were reported in recent activity of the Greencastle City Police Department.
• At 11:30 a.m. Saturday, James Dustin Auberry, 29, Brazil, was arrested by Officer Darrel Bunten on Washington Street near Indiana Street.
Auberry was taken into custody on a Vigo County warrant with an original charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a prior offense. He was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
One recent speeding citation was issued by Sgt. Eric Vaughan.
Stopped while eastbound on State Road 240, Jason Dubeau, 38, Illinois, was ticketed for 83 mph in a 40-mph zone at 12:58 a.m. Sunday.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage accidents.
• At 10:47 p.m. on Sunday, Peyton J. Myers, 17, Fillmore, was eastbound on County Road 350 North near County Road 775 East in a 2001 Mercury Cougar.
Myers told Deputy Jeffery Freeman he did not see the 90-degree corner and left the road, hitting a utility pole.
The vehicle sustained major damage to the front end and the utility pole was destroyed.
Myers was not injured.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $10,000-$25,000.
• At 2:32 p.m. on Sunday, Nicole L. Rivers, 30, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 50 North approaching the stop sign at County Road 225 East in a 1993 Buick Roadmaster.
She told Deputy Brian Helmer that her brakes went out and she could not stop for the intersection.
The car crossed the road and went through a ditch, over a drainage pipe belonging to the Putnam County Highway Department and then a tree.
The vehicle came to rest in a field.
Rivers left the scene without notifying dispatch or the owner of the property of the crash.
Helmer was not dispatched to the scene until later, after which he left the scene and went to Rivers’ house to question her.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
Helmer sent the case report to the Putnam County Prosecutor’s Office for leaving the scene of a property-damage crash.
• At 5:55 p.m. on Friday, Rogelio C. Montero, 17, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 225 South near County Road 375 West in a 1986 Ford F150. Timothy J. Smith, 17, Russellville, was eastbound in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee.
Montero told Deputy Freeman his brakes locked up, causing him to lose control of his truck and slide into Smith’s vehicle.
Both vehicles were towed due to their damage, which was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.