Putnam Scanner for July 20, 2018
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 2:37 a.m. Alysia Kay Cottingham, 21, Sullivan, was lodged at the jail for possession of paraphernalia and driving while intoxicated.
• At 1 a.m. Nicholas Jordan Bradshaw, 23, Danville, was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 12:51 a.m. Shawn Michael Galloway, 36, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 5:57 p.m. Emilee Gabrielle Cline, 28, Cloverdale, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 3:17 p.m. Brittney Ann Thacker, 33, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Randa R. Collins, 24, Quincy, was westbound on State Road 42, approaching U.S. 231 in a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu. Travis Dill, 40, Spencer, was northbound on U.S. 231, approaching the intersection in a 2002 Subaru Forester.
State Road 42 yields the right of way at U.S. 231. Collins told Deputy Matt Biggs she came to a complete stop, checked for traffic and began to enter the intersection.
Dill said that as he approached 42, he noticed Collins beginning to pull into the intersection and that she struck the side of his vehicle, causing it to roll onto its side.
Cloverdale Fire Department personnel told Biggs that prior to his arrival a witness approached them saying Dill was traveling at a high rate of speed prior to the collision.
A passenger in Dill’s vehicle, Krista R. Bryant Dill, 41, Spencer, was trapped in the vehicle. After she was extricated, she as transported to the hospital with a lower leg injury.
Both vehicles were towed.
Damage was estimated at $25,000-$50,000.
One recent summons was issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, Tracy Rader, 40, Terre Haute, was cited by Officer Luke Brown.
Rader was cited for driving with a suspended license with a prior offense after being stopped on County Road 250 East at County Road 160 South near Big Walnut Sports Park.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
•At 3:39 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 504 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived there at 3:47 p.m. but could not find any fire or smoke. The alarm was then reset.
They left the scene at 4:06 p.m.
•At 1:08 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 508 S. Indiana St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 1:11 p.m. but it was determined that the alarm had malfunctioned. The alarm was then reset.
They left at 1:21 p.m.
Additionally, GFD carried out two medical assists and had one disregard during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.