Putnam Scanner for September 29, 2018
Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
• At 9:55 p.m. John Anthony Krause Jr., 40, Mishawaka, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 6:41 p.m. Josephus Allen Crank, 29, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:14 p.m. William Wilson Lowe, 18, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
Two people were arrested Thursday afternoon following a reported dine-and-dash incident at the Putnam Inn, Greencastle City Police reported.
Corey Duff, 21, Greencastle, and Icis Gootee, 22, Clayton, were arrested for theft by Officer Nick Eastham after he stopped their car at Bloomington and Anderson streets.
Duff and Gootee allegedly racked up a $33.39 bill at Putnam Inn before leaving the restaurant without paying. They reportedly left a bogus gift card on the table as their alleged payment for a lunch that included a ribeye steak and more.
They were booked into the Putnam County Jail on theft charges.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to three recent dispatches:
• At 10:24 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 109 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 10:28 but could not determine the alarm’s cause. It was then reset. GFD left at 10:37 a.m.
There were two successive dispatches to 106 S. Spring St.:
• At 7:19 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was called for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 7:20 and determined that the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 7:26 p.m.
• At 8:10 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was called there again for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 8:11 and again determined that the alarm was due to cooking. The was again reset. GFD left at 8:19 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.