Putnam Scanner for December 11, 2018
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 10:51 p.m. Brian Wayne Roberts, 51, Seymour, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 2:16 a.m. Gary Lane Clarence Shoemaker, 48, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 5:04 a.m. Iolaus Sorbo Lewis, 19, Bainbridge, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated and for being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• At 3:54 a.m. Isaiah Allen Kimes, 18, Fillmore, was taken into custody for being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• At 5:35 p.m. Anthony John Blyly, 30, Terre Haute, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 9:27 a.m. Isaac Eugene Mathis, 47, Rockville, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
One weekend arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 1:11 a.m. Sunday, Nicole Marie Shoemaker, 45, Indianapolis, was arrested for domestic battery by Officer Luke Brown.
Taken into custody after a traffic stop on Veterans Memorial Highway near South Jackson Street, Shoemaker was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
One recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 2:58 a.m. Saturday, Eason Lewis, 20, Terre Haute, was ticketed by Officer Alec Pettit.
Stopped on Indianapolis Road, Lewis was cited for a learner’s permit violation.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 5:24 p.m. on Sunday, Natasha B. Carter, 17, Cloverdale, was eastbound on County Road 1150 South in a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant.
Carter told Deputy Daniel Birt she entered a bend in the road at the top of a hill with too much speed. She applied her brakes and the vehicle went into a skid, sliding off the road and into a tree.
Carter was not injured. The vehicle was towed.
Birt estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.