Putnam Scanner for December 14, 2018
Ten people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 9:49 p.m. Coty Allen Gray, 23, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a pair of local warrants.
• At 6:22 p.m. Nicholas Eugene Wendell, 37, Greencastle, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 4:15 p.m. Emmanuel Cole Sanders, 29, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 1:11 p.m. Kyle Ronald Swaim, 30, Spring, Texas, was taken into custody for theft of a firearm, possession of marijuana and driving while intoxicated.
• At 10:20 a.m. Stephen Dwayne Hubbard, 29, Spencer, was housed at the jail for resisting law enforcement, failure to identify self and driving with a suspended license.
• At 9:32 a.m. Ashanti Shakia-Janice Brown, 25, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 8:58 a.m. Shawn Lee Glover, 46, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a court order.
• At 5:40 p.m. Tammy Jean Riggen, 37, Plainfield, was booked into the jail on a writ.
• At 10:55 a.m. Harley Aaron Mayhew, 38, Kokomo, was lodged in the jail on a local criminal warrant.
• At 2:28 a.m. Queni Eliaquen Velazouez, 25, Cloverdale, was booked into the jail for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and for being an operator never licensed.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:33 p.m. Wednesday, Robert Michael Noble, 47, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown on a domestic battery charge.
Taken into custody at Judson and Meadow drives, Noble was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage accident.
• At 4:20 p.m. on Thursday, Miranda R. Cartmell, 52, Cloverdale, was southbound on County Road 275 East, just past County Road 350 South in a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe.
Cartmell told Deputy Matt Biggs he lost control in a slight bend in the road. The vehicle left the west side of the road and hit a fence,
Biggs estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
• At 2:18 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to a mutual call to assist the Bainbridge Fire Department with a structure fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene at 2:37 and assisted with putting out the flames and managing debris. GFD went back into service at 5:39 a.m.
• At 9:56 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 505 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 10 a.m. and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left the scene at 10:08 a.m.
• At 6:04 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 109 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:07 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left the scene at 6:15 p.m.
• At 11:32 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 208 E. Olive St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 11:36 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left the scene at 11:43 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed five medical assists during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.