Putnam Scanner for December 22, 2018
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
• At 10:09 p.m. Jonathan Cole Muse, 26, Huntington, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:57 p.m. William John Smith, 27, Bloomington, was taken into custody on a petition to revoke probation.
• At 4:20 p.m. Trent Allen Murray, 27, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail on a petition to revoke bond.
• At 9:32 a.m. Clarissa Bortner, 22, Indianapolis, was booked in for failure to appear.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 6:40 p.m. on Thursday, Kathryn G. Pierce, 17, Coatesville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2011 Buick RXL when she hit a deer.
Deputy Robert Soilleux estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to six recent dispatches:
• At 11:48 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 107 S. Spring St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 11:49 and determined that the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 11:54 a.m.
• At 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 208 E. Olive St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:49 and determined that the alarm was due to smoke from construction. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 1:02 p.m.
• At 6:49 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded to an alarm for an overheated motor at 300 S. Warren Dr. Firefighters arrived at 6:58 but found that the engine was steaming because its radiator cap was off. The hood was left open to clear out the engine. GFD went back into service at 7:19 a.m.
• At 11:50 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD was called to a smoke alarm at Arby’s on Indianapolis Road. Firefighters arrived at 11:55 to find that a section of the restaurant was on fire and evacuated those inside. GFD extinguished the fire and secured the property. GFD went back into service at 12:21 p.m.
• At 11:27 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 620 Anderson St. for a public assist call. Units arrived at 11:32 to find that the residents could not turn off their furnace. GFD found that the batteries in the thermostat were bad and replaced them. No other issues were reported. GFD went back into service at 11:37 p.m.
• At 4:07 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to a structure fire at 6776 S. Meridian Line Rd. in Cloverdale. Firefighters arrived at 4:22 to assist the Cloverdale Township Fire Department, but CTFD did not respond. GFD put out the fire and managed debris. GFD returned to station at 7:17 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed six medical assists and had one disregard during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.