Putnam Scanner for January 8, 2019
Eleven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 5:33 a.m. Brandon Michael Garcia, 26, Brazil, was lodged at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 11:35 p.m. Robert Lee Jones, 40, Greencastle, was taken into custody on four local warrants.
• At 6:58 p.m. Larry Estelle Parrish Jr., 51, Brazil, was housed at the jail on a pair of out-of-county warrants.
• At 1:55 a.m. Walter M. Warren, 34, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 12:25 a.m. Michael Joseph Thompson, 27, Brazil, was lodged at the jail for invasion of privacy.
• At 11:47 p.m. Gunner Conrad Hay, 20, Terre Haute, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
• At 4:16 p.m. Michael D. Malone, 50, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 3:25 a.m. Magon Jonell Tabor, 26, Bainbridge, was booked in for battery, domestic battery, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and neglect of a dependent.
• At 11:18 p.m. Christopher Wayne Nelson, 35, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 11:35 a.m. Leo Deberry, 38, Indianapolis, was taken into custody on a court order.
• At 10:14 a.m. Robert Lee Washburn, 38, Roachdale, was booked in for theft.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 7:14 p.m. Saturday, Andre Giden, 41, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Alec Pettit at an Avenue D residence.
Giden was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of battery, residential entry, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.
• At 8 p.m. Friday, Brandon Runnells, 29, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee in the parking lot at the Check and Go in the strip center at 1360 Indianapolis Rd.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Runnells is being held on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana along with driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage accidents.
• At 9:56 p.m. on Saturday, William W. Meanor, 64, Coatesville, was southbound on County Road 725 East near County Road 600 North in a 2005 Toyota 4Runner when he hit a deer.
Deputy Jeffery Freeman estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 4:44 p.m. on Friday, Branden C. Monnett, 34, New Market, was westbound on U.S. 36, approaching County Road 675 North in a 2001 Nissan Xterra. Jordan D. Baire, 27, Indianapolis, was eastbound in a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt.
Monnett told deputy Brian Helmer he dropped something on the floor of his vehicle and tried to pick it up. In doing so, he crossed left of center and hit Baire’s vehicle nearly head on.
Baire’s vehicle left the south side of the road and hit a fence.
Baire complained of pain and was transported to the hospital for treatment. Her vehicle was towed from the scene.
Monnett said he was not injured and did not need medical attention. He was able to change the front tire of his vehicle and drive it from the scene.
Helmer estimated damage at $25,000-$50,000.
• At 6:02 a.m. on Friday, Austin W. Kirk, 38, Danville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche when he hit a deer.
Deputy Helmer estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to eight recent dispatches:
• At 11:18 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 916 S. College Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 11:23 and determined the alarm was due to smoking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 11:36 p.m.
• At 12:29 a.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 504 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:34 and determined the alarm was due to a malfunction. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 12:41 a.m.
• At 3:18 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 413 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 3:22 and determined the alarm was due to a malfunction. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 3:34 p.m.
• GFD responded to two dispatches to 1 Taylor Place on Sunday:
- At 2:09 a.m., GFD was dispatched for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:14 and determined the alarm was due to smoking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 2:23 a.m.
- At 2:31 a.m., GFD was dispatched again for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:36 and again determined the alarm was due to smoking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 2:43 a.m.
• At 6:10 a.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to 626 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:15 and determined the alarm was due to a malfunction. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 6:25 a.m.
• At 4:47 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to 895 Rockville Rd. for an unauthorized burn. Units arrived at 4:56 but then authorized it as a controlled burn. GFD went back into service at 5:03 p.m.
• At 6:44 a.m. on Monday, GFD was called to a trailer home fire at 34 Lazy Acres in Fillmore. Firefighters arrived at 6:59 and assisted the Fillmore Volunteer Fire Department with extinguishing the fire and also with salvage and overhaul. GFD went back into service at 7:47 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed four medical assists during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.