Putnam Scanner for January 23, 2019
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11 p.m. William Wilson Lowe, 19, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 6:23 p.m. De Ron Christopher Young, 22, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 11:01 p.m. Dennis M. Hurt, 24, Greencastle, was booked in on a pair of local warrants.
• At 9:59 p.m. David Scott Branagin, 46, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 9:54 a.m. Christopher Scott Horn, 44, Indianapolis, was taken into custody on a local warrant.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 12:28 a.m. Sunday, Adam Lee McCastle, 44, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Alec Pettit.
McCastle, who was taken into custody for invasion of privacy, was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
City officers also issued two summons into court recently.
• At 12:26 a.m. Monday, Mercedes Lumpkin, 19, Greencastle, was stopped on West Franklin Street by Officer Luke Brown.
Lumpkin was issued a summons into court on a charge of being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
• At 9:09 p.m. Jan. 15, Robert Stinson, 25, Greencastle, was stopped on Bloomington Street by Officer Pettit.
Stinson was issued a summons into court on a charge of driving with a suspended license with a prior offense.
Meanwhile, one recent citation was issued by city officers.
• At 1:14 a.m. Saturday, Barry Taylor, 30, Clinton, was ticketed for speeding by Officer Brown.
Taylor was stopped on Percy Julian Drive near Avenue F and cited for 38 mph in a 20-mph zone.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage accident.
• At 11:23 a.m. on Tuesday, Clifford D. Ross, 48, Coatesville, was eastbound on County Road 50 North, just east of County Road 300 East, in a 2006 Freightliner dump truck registered to the Putnam County Highway Department. Meanwhile, John J. Roberts, 47, Coatesville, was westbound in a 2018 Dodge Ram.
Roberts’ truck was reportedly sideswiped by the snowplow on the front of the County Highway truck, causing damage to the mirror.
Roberts caught up with Ross at 550 East and 150 North. Roberts told Lt. Donnie Pettit that the highway truck was left of center at the time of the collision.
Pettit estimated damage at less than $1,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.