Putnam Scanner for June 14, 2019
Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 1:08 a.m. Brent Michael Buttery, 23, Greencastle, was booked in for invasion of privacy.
• At 12:39 a.m. Kyal Anthony Campbell, 27, Terre Haute, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 3:52 p.m. on Wednesday, Dylan Andrew Boster, 25, Bainbridge, was taken into custody for battery resulting in serious bodily injury.
• At 1:08 p.m. Donald Ray O’Conner, 52, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 5:37 a.m. Franklin Delnor Roosevilet Boehm Jr., 46, Greencastle, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 4:05 p.m. Dennis L. Blakley, 41, Lincoln, Ala., was lodged at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent child.
• At 1:03 p.m. Cory E. Smith, 33, Fillmore, was taken into custody for theft, criminal trespass, unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle and false informing.
• At 10:04 a.m. Michael P. Crawford, 39, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 1:14 a.m. Scott Robert Wathen, 37, North Salem, was booked in on an out-of-county warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 8:58 p.m. on Wednesday, Kevin A. Williams, 61, Greencastle, was backing out of a space in the parking lot of the Greencastle water treatment plant parking lot in a 2011 Ford F150 registered to the City of Greencastle.
In doing so, he backed into an unattended, parked 2005 Nissan Titan registered to Jason T. Norman, Greencastle.
Norman’s vehicle sustained moderate damage to the driver’s side bed area. The city vehicle suffered a damaged driver’s side taillight.
Deputy Jeffery Freeman estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Cynthia A. Byrer, 60, Cloverdale, was southbound on U.S. 231 near Deer Creek Hills in a 2008 Kia Sorrento.
Byrer told Deputy Anthony Brown she saw a vehicle directly in front of her turn on its right turn signal and pull onto the shoulder. Byrer said the other vehicle then abruptly turned to the left and into her vehicle as she tried to drive past.
The other vehicle, described as a white Chevrolet Trailblazer with driver’s side damage, then left the scene.
Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 11:05 p.m. on Friday, June 6, William N. Crone, 25, Spencer, was eastbound on State Road 42 on a 2000 Honda CBR600 motorcycle.
Speaking with Deputy Bobby Boyd several days later, Crone said he was approaching a curve he didn’t know was there. He tried to make the curve, but ran off the road and into a concrete lawn ornament.
On the night of the accident, Crone was gone from the scene before Boyd’s arrival, a friend having taken him to the hospital.
Crone didn’t have a motorcycle license or permit. He also could not provide proof of insurance.
The motorcycle was towed. Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
• At 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 330 Greenwood Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9:34 and determined that the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 9:39 p.m.
• At 3:33 p.m. on Wednesday, GFD was alerted to a smoldering trash can near the intersection of Park and Indiana streets. Units located the trash can at 3:34 and found that it contained stained rags. GFD extinguished the rags, and returned to station at 3:39 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed seven medical assists and had two disregards during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.