Putnam Scanner for July 30, 2019
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 2:40 p.m. Andrew James Thorstensen-Woll, 48, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 4:32 a.m. Buffy Marie Heller-Taylor, 44, Greencastle, was booked in for driving while intoxicated.
• At 11:06 p.m. Michael Kenneth Spivey, 26, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 8:44 p.m. Dillon L. Fagg, 28, Greencastle, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated.
• At 4:22 p.m. William Allen Willhoite, 52, Lebanon, was housed at the jail for invasion of privacy.
• At 4:52 p.m. Nathan Joseph Kemper, 20, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 6:21 p.m. on Thursday, Jessica N. Hatfield, 32, Greencastle, was on U.S. 231 waiting at the stoplight at U.S. 40 in a 2014 Chevrolet TrailBlazer. Hatfield was directly behind a 2000 Ford F-350 driven by Leslie P. Warzynski, 50, Monticello.
Hatfield told Deputy Jeffery Freeman she accidentally accelerated and rear-ended Warzynski’s truck, causing minor damage to both vehicles.
Freeman estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to six recent dispatches:
• At 4:12 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched on a box alarm to a building fire at 42 S. CR 175 West. Firefighters arrived at the residence at 4:22 to find that the homeowner had been burning leaves, and that fire had gotten under the house’s siding. The fire was out on GFD’s arrival and other fire personnel were disregarded. GFD monitored the house’s interior for any spreading flames, and returned to station at 4:43 p.m.
• At 1:23 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to an ATV accident with injuries at 1034 Avenue C. Units arrived on the scene at 1:28 to find that Operation Life was already there caring for the patient. GFD assisted further with patient care and returned to station at 1:41 p.m.
• At 1:42 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to Crown Lift Trucks for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 1:51 and determined that the alarm was set off by a faulty detector head. Maintenance was on the scene, and GFD returned to station at 2:17 p.m.
• At 3 p.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a smoke scare at the Putnam County Jail. Firefighters arrived at 3:07 and found that a motor on an air handler had burned up and was causing the smell. Maintenance was alerted of the issue, and GFD returned to station at 3:24 p.m.
• At 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to the Putnam County Hospital for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 7:53 and found that a faulty detector head had caused the alarm. Maintenance was notified of the issue, and GFD returned to station at 8:18 p.m.
• At 5:54 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to Peace Lutheran Church for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:01 p.m. but could not determine the cause of the alarm. The alarm was reset. GFD left at 6:19 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed four medical assists and had one disregard during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.