Putnam Scanner for Oct. 25, 2019
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail Wednesday.
• At 11:06 p.m. Richard A. Romandine, 40, Cloverdale, was booked in on a court order.
• At 5:25 p.m. Robert L. Richardson, 49, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for two counts of unauthorized absence from home detention.
• At 10:43 a.m. Aaron D. Brenton, 37, Indianapolis, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license.
• At 10:27 a.m. Bryan R. Jones, 57, Roachdale, was housed at the jail on a pair of out-of-county warrants.
One arrest and a pair of recent property-damage accidents were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Chelcee Bentley, 26, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Luke Brown.
Stopped on State Road 42, Bentley was arrested on a Putnam County warrant for driving with a suspended license. She was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Two recent property-damage accidents were investigated by GPD.
• At 4 p.m. Wednesday, a two-car accident was reported at Arlington Street and Shadowlawn Avenue.
A 2005 Audi, driven by Alesha Stampley, 32, Greencastle, was proceeding northbound through the four-way stop, Officer Brad Hiatt reported, when the car was struck by a 2019 Honda Accord, driven by Lauren Perry, 32, Greencastle.
Perry said she was facing westbound at the four-way stop and did not see the northbound Stampley car had entered the intersection, striking it in the rear passenger side.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 3:08 p.m. Tuesday, a two-car mishap occurred at State Road 240 and Percy Julian Drive.
Sgt. Ed Wilson reported that Kendra Nichols, 16, Greencastle, had stopped her 1995 Chevrolet Lumina at the stoplight. Behind her in traffic was a 2013 Ford Edge, driven by Jennifer Rice, 30, Brazil.
Rice said was thought the Nichols car was moving forward and started to accelerate, causing her vehicle to strike the Nichols car in the rear.
Sgt. Wilson, who was assisted at the scene by Officer Jared McDaniel, estimated total damage at $1,000-$2,500.
Indiana State Police
State troopers made one recent arrest in Putnam County.
• On Wednesday evening, Trooper David Cox arrested an Indianapolis man at West Green and Monon streets in Greencastle on a Hendricks County warrant for possession of controlled substances.
Kevin D. Armstrong, 46, was booked in the Putnam County Jail at 7:10 p.m.
Putnam County deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 4:36 p.m. on Tuesday, Patricia J. Linville, 48, Centerpoint, was eastbound on U.S. 40 about 1.5 miles west of County Road 625 West in a 2004 Ford Expedition.
Deputy Brian Helmer reported that Linville went off the roadway and into the grass median. She then lost control and went across the westbound lanes of traffic and into a ditch on the north side of the highway.
Linville could not speak to the deputy because she was in a lot of pain.
A witness told Helmer he saw the car drift into the median and lose control. The man then turned around and rendered aid until law enforcement arrived.
Linville was taken to Terre Haute Regional Hospital for treatment of her injuries.
She was summoned for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction as well as ticketed for driving without financial responsibility.
Helmer estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
• At 5:44 p.m. on Sunday, Corbin L. Rackley, 18, Coatesville, was eastbound on Old Right-of-Way Road approaching Main Street in Fillmore in a 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche.
Rackley and his passenger told Deputy Robert Soilleux that a pickup had been southbound on Main Street before turning westbound on Old Right-of-Way Road. They said the truck took the corner so wide that it was completely in their lane of travel, causing a head-on collision.
They said the truck then backed up and fled westbound on Old Right-of-Way Road.
The passenger said she knew the name of the male driver of the vehicle to be Kerry Gilbert.
Rackley and his passenger said the 1989 Ford F-350 then returned to the scene and Gilbert begged them to lie and say he was not driving.
A witness said he was standing about 20 feet off the south side of the road and heard the crash. He looked up to see the westbound pickup in the eastbound lane had crashed into the eastbound vehicle. He said the man in the green shirt was the driver and the female was the passenger.
When Soilleux spoke to Gilbert, 38, Indianapolis, he said the female with him had been the driver. The female also said she was driving.
The truck in which Gilbert was traveling is registered to Stacey Skene of Cloverdale.
Soilleux reported that a criminal case has been filed.
Gilbert and his passenger said they were not injured. Rackley and his passenger both complained of upper body and head pain and were transported to the hospital.
Rackley’s vehicle was towed. Soilleux estimated damage at $10,000-$25,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.