Putnam Scanner for November 2, 2019
Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 12:52 a.m. Jon Luke McGuff, 21, Greencastle, was taken into custody for public intoxication.
• At 3 p.m. Mindy Ann Wilson, 35, Mount Vernon, Ill., was lodged at the jail on a petition to revoke probation.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to five recent dispatches:
• At 4:13 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 412 S. Indiana St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at about the same time and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 4:15 p.m.
• At 7:57 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD was dispatched to 9 E. Beveridge St. for a reported downed power line. Units arrived at 7:59 to find that a tree limb had fallen onto a communications line. Determining there was no electrical hazard, GFD went back into service at 8:12 a.m.
• At 2:22 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 121 Frazier St. for a fire scare. Firefighters arrived at 2:27 and were advised of a smoky smell around an electrical panel. GFD determined the smell resulted from a possible furnace malfunction and shut off the breaker to it. GFD then advised the homeowner to contact a professional to inspect the furnace. GFD went back into service at 2:48 p.m.
• At 7:31 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 505 S. Jackson St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 7:34 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 7:42 p.m.
• At 8:19 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 1 Taylor Place for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 8:24 and determined the alarm was set off by a fog machine. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 8:31 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed five medical assists and had one false call.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.