Putnam Scanner for December 31, 2019
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 7:44 a.m. Cameron Z. Coleman, 28, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 8:09 p.m. Charles W. R. Powell, 31, Cloverdale, was taken into custody on a Marion County warrant and for driving with a BAC of .08 or more.
• At 2:14 a.m. Teresa D. Welch, 56, Poland, was housed at the jail for carrying a handgun without a license and for possession of marijuana.
• At 6:35 p.m. Devin R. Willard, 31, Roachdale, was booked in for unlawful possession of a syringe.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 5:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 24, Kedric J. Tippin, 18, Greencastle, got stuck in a mudhole at County Road 300 North and County Road 325 East in a 1992 Ford F-150.
Tippin told Deputy Nate Trissel a Dodge Ram pulled up and tried to help him get out. However, Tippin said when he hit the gas pedal, a fire erupted in the engine compartment.
Tippin said the engine was engulfed in fire and he used mud and water to extinguish it.
The fire was out on Trissel’s arrival. The men told the deputy they would be back with a trailer to retrieve the vehicle.
Trissel estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department recently performed four medical assists and had one disregard.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.