Putnam Scanner for March 7, 2020
Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
• At 7:43 p.m. Keven D. Crowe, 28, Coatesville, was lodged at the jail for resisting law enforcement and false informing.
• At 6:28 p.m. Sarah L. Collier, 37, Quincy, was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license.
• At 12:59 p.m. Daniel N. Tester, 36, Fishers, was booked in on a petition to revoke probation.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Janice E. White, 46, Roachdale, was westbound on U.S. 231 in a 2018 Kia Sportage, slowing to turn into the driveway at 113 E. U.S. 36. Carol D. Haney, 58, Greencastle, was also westbound in a 2012 Kia Sorrento.
White told Deputy Kyle Lee she was slowing to drop juvenile occupants off after school when she was struck by Haney’s vehicle. Haney told Lee she did not notice White’s turn signal in time and struck the rear bumper of her vehicle.
Both vehicles were towed.
Lee estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 2:48 p.m. on Tuesday, Magon J. Tabor, 28, Bainbridge, was eastbound on County Road 125 South in a 2007 Chevrolet HHR.
Tabor told Deputy Tanner Brown she tried slowing down coming into a curve but the brakes failed, causing her to lose control and leave the roadway.
The vehicle rolled once before hitting a tree. The vehicle also damaged a mailbox and landscaping at 3435 W. CR 125 South.
Tabor told Brown that neither she nor her children were injured.
Tabor was charged with driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
The car was towed. Brown estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to one recent dispatch:
• At 7:17 a.m. on Friday, GFD responded to an alarm for a possible chimney fire at 2485 E. Hwy 36 in Bainbridge. Units arrived on the scene at 7:33 to find that no fire was present at the home. GFD went back into service at 7:56 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed one medical assist prior to this dispatch.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.