Putnam Scanner for March 24, 2020
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently
• At 12:02 a.m. Terry T. Maynard, 30, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on two counts of theft.
• At 10:05 p.m. Andrea L. Vickrey, 28, Indianapolis, was taken into custody for theft.
• At 10:49 p.m. Wesley A. Sturgell, 31, Freedom, was housed at the jail for unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon, carrying a handgun without a license, possession of paraphernalia, driving with a suspended license and on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 3:47 p.m. Ballard J. A. Harris, 22, Greencastle, was booked in for failure to appear.
One weekend arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 2:40 p.m. Sunday, Devon Fitzsimmons, 23, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Fitzsimmons was arrested on a Putnam County warrant for invasion of privacy.
Fitzsimmons was taken into custody at the Walmart store on Indianapolis Road.
Indiana State Police
Troopers from the Putnamville Post made one recent arrest in Putnam County.
• On Saturday evening, Trooper Colton Maynor arrested a Greencastle man at U.S. 231 and County Road 500 North for driving while intoxicated.
The driver, 62-year-old Michael H. Poissant, was stopped for unsafe lane movement. During the stop, he displayed signs of impairment but refused to submit to a chemical test.
Poissant was booked in the Putnam County Jail at 9:31 p.m.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 4:56 a.m. on Monday, Jerald D. Robertson, 26, Bloomington, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2016 Jeep Wrangler when he hit a deer.
Deputy Brian Helmer estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, Steven W. Clark, 63, Brazil, was traveling southwest on Manhattan Road in a 2012 Chevrolet Express registered to Rust Publishing when he hit a deer.
The collision killed the deer.
Deputy Nate Trissel estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
• The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two consecutive dispatches to Humbert Hall on Saturday:
- At 1:14 a.m., GFD was dispatched for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 1:16 but could not determine a cause for the alarm. The alarm was reset. GFD left at 1:31 a.m.
- At 2:20 a.m., GFD was dispatched again for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:22 and could not determine a cause for the alarm. All the detector heads on the fourth floor were blown out, and the alarm was reset. GFD left at 2:56 a.m.
• At 12:37 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to 418 Anderson St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 12:42 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 12:45 p.m.
• At 2:17 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to 109 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:20 and determined the alarm was due to cooking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 2:26 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed four medical assists and had four disregards during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.