Putnam Scanner for March 27, 2020
Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 1:54 a.m. Dalton S. Bell, 26, Bainbridge, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery and strangulation.
• At 8:21 p.m. Jacob E. Williams, 24, Greencastle, was booked in for invasion of privacy.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 1:59 p.m. on Monday, William G. Yockey, 56, Brazil, was in the parking lot on the southwest corner of U.S. 36 and U.S. 231 in a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser. Kristina M. Taylor, 17, Bainbridge, was westbound on U.S. 36 going through the intersection in a 2016 Nissan Versa.
Yockey told Deputy Josh Boller he looked both ways for oncoming traffic and did not see anyone eastbound or westbound. He attempted to cross the eastbound lane to turn west, when Taylor hit his left rear quarter panel.
Taylor told Boller she was traveling through the intersection at the speed limit when Yockey pulled into her lane of travel and she could not avoid a collision.
Boller estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 5:40 a.m. on Monday, March 16, Connor L. Moore, 22, Crawfordsville, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2017 Mazda CX5 when he hit a deer.
Deputy Boller estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
• At 2:19 p.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 109 W. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:21 and were advised by the DePauw University Police Department that the alarm had been reset. GFD went back into service at 2:23 p.m.
• At 12:38 a.m. on Wednesday, GFD responded a building fire at 2200 E. State Rd. 240. Units arrived at the property at 12:47 to find smoke emanating from a communications panel. It was determined that the panel had self-extinguished. GFD checked for extensions and went back into service at 1:35 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed two medical assists and had two disregards during this time.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.