Putnam Scanner for July 14, 2020
Ten people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently
• At 11:53 p.m. Erik D. Wilburn, 33, Poland, was housed at the jail for driving as a habitual traffic offender.
• At 10:48 p.m. Darrell L. Goff, 42, Brazil, was booked in for possession of methamphetamine and unlawful possession of a syringe.
• At 4:57 p.m. Jonathan W. Dimick, 50, Inverness, Fla., was lodged at the jail on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 1:29 a.m. Alex L. Evans, 28, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for domestic battery.
• At 11:08 p.m. Gregory A. Boswell, 52, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, unlawful possession of a syringe and obstruction of justice.
• At 1:41 .m. Kristen M. Cross, 36, Cloverdale, was booked in for driving while intoxicated-refusal with a prior conviction and driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 8:04 p.m. Benjamin L. Fuchs IV, 28, Bainbridge, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated and reckless driving.
• At 12:30 p.m. Patricia L. Finley-Perry, 31, Greencastle, was taken into custody for false informing and on a local warrant.
• At 9:27 a.m. Isaiah A. Kimes, 20, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 12:26 p.m. Shane M. Worth, 41, Russellville, was booked in for battery, disorderly conduct, intimidation and harassment.
One weekend arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 1:32 a.m. Saturday, Devin Willard, 32, Roachdale, was arrested by Office Alec Pettit at the Silver Lady Saloon in the city’s South End.
Willard was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
He registered .181 percent blood alcohol concentration at the time of his arrest, police said.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 3:57 p.m. Saturday, Karen Phillips, 46, Bainbridge, was southbound on County Road 445 West in a 2015 Ford F-150.
Phillips told Deputy Tanner Brown that some items started sliding in the passenger seat and as she reached over to grab them, she drove into a guardrail.
The truck had to be towed. Brown estimated damage at $25,000-$50,000.
• At 2:13 p.m. on Saturday, Mackenzie Wells, 21, Fillmore, had been parked, facing north, at 329 N. Main St., Fillmore, when she started driving forward and attempted to turn onto North Street.
Wells told Deputy Brown that as she attempted to turn, she cut it too sharp and hit a street sign.
Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 1:55 a.m. on Wednesday, Clifton Furnish, 39, Marion, was eastbound on Interstate 70 approaching Exit 41 in a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica.
Furnish told Deputy Nathan Trissel he had possibly fallen asleep and ran into the concrete barrier on the left side of the lane of travel.
After hitting the barrier, Furnish was able to maneuver his vehicle onto the shoulder.
The vehicle was towed. Trissel estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to 10 recent dispatches:
• At 6:07 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 601 Anderson St. for a tree that crashed into the home. Units arrived at 6:13 and was advised that insurance had been contacted, but that the home sustained moderate damage. GFD went back into service at 6:32 p.m.
• At 6:07 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 28 Jackson Blvd. for a tree into cable lines. Units found the tree at 6:22 and removed it from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 6:34 p.m.
• At 6:13 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted of a tree on the roadway on Jackson Street. Units found the tree soon after and removed it from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 6:20 p.m.
• At 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to a tree in the roadway on West Washington Street. It was found that the tree had fallen on a pole that couldn’t be reached. GFD went back into service at 6:56 p.m.
• At 6:35 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to a tree in cable lines at 315 Sycamore St. Units arrived at 6:41 and was then marked in service. GFD went back into service at 6:45 p.m.
• At 6:38 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to tree limbs in the roadway on Locust Street. GFD found the tree limbs at 6:41 and removed them from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 6:41 p.m.
• At 6:45 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to a tree in the roadway on Park Street. Units found the tree soon after and removed the tree from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 7 p.m.
• At 7:09 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to a tree in the roadway on Hanna Street. Units found the tree at 7:11 and removed the tree from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 7:19 p.m.
• At 7:19 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was alerted to a tree in the roadway on Madison Street. Units found the tree soon after and removed the tree from the roadway. GFD went back into service at 7:55 p.m.
• At 9:55 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to Rescare Homecare for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 9:57 and determined the alarm was due to water flow. The water was shut off and the alarm was then reset. GFD went back into service at 10:28 p.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed three medical assists and had three disregards.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.