Putnam Scanner for Aug. 17, 2021
Sixteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 5:55 a.m. Logan J. Pizzo, 30, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and on a Morgan County warrant.
• At 1:48 a.m. Eric J. Adkins, 32, Greencastle, was taken into custody for residential entry.
• At 1:47 a.m. Sadie E. Haas, 38, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a local warrant for auto theft.
• At 11:28 a.m. Richard L. Lacey, 40, Greencastle, was booked in on a warrant for driving with a suspended license.
• At 4:31 a.m. Daniel E. Patterson, 38, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 4:52 p.m. Donald R. Sherman, 46, Brazil, was taken into custody on a warrant for strangulation, invasion of privacy and domestic battery.
• At 3:36 p.m. Ronald G. Amerman Jr., 40, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, carrying a handgun without a license, resisting law enforcement, possession of marijuana and reckless possession of paraphernalia.
• At 4:35 a.m. Austin M. McAuley, 29, Indianapolis, was booked in on a warrant for invasion of privacy.
• At 11:34 p.m. Melissa A. Welch, 51, Coatesville, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 4:37 p.m. Janessa H. Gaston, 19, Poland, was taken into custody for check deception.
• At 3:42 p.m. Danielle A. Bassett, 29, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for domestic battery.
• At 9:28 a.m. Clifton D. Tuell, 56, Greencastle, was booked in on a warrant for driving while intoxicated.
• At 2:15 a.m. Dustin L. Clark, 35, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine.
• At 8:46 p.m. Jessica L. Portillo, 38, Indianapolis, was taken into custody on a warrant for driving while suspended.
• At 7:35 p.m. Kristina J. Anderson, 32, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail as a habitual traffic offender with bodily injury.
• At 11:02 a.m. Matthew L. Krider, 40, Brazil, was booked in on a warrant for jacklighting.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 2:46 a.m. Monday, Jason Bishop, 37, Plainfield, was arrested by Officer Angela Taylor at a West Washington Street residence.
Bishop was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of domestic battery with injury and resisting law enforcement. Bishop was also held on a Putnam County warrant for confinement.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property damage crashes.
• At 10:30 p.m. on Friday, Matthew R. Parrish, 47, Roachdale, was westbound on State Road 236 in a 2012 Ford Escape when he hit a deer.
Deputy Josh Deal estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 6:24 p.m. on Thursday, Ceara D. Carrison, 24, Cloverdale, was eastbound on State Road 240 at County Road 850 East in a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe.
Carrison lost control due to inclement weather and hit a Hendricks Power pole.
She was checked out by medics and released.
Deputy Randy Patrick estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000. The vehicle was towed.
• At 5:41 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 10, Isaac W. Harms, 26, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2007 Hyundai Elantra.
Harms told Deputy Scott Ducker a semi was tailgating him with bright lights on and he was accelerating to create space between his vehicle and the semi.
Harms said he was making a curve at Plessinger’s Hill when his vehicle started skidding out of control.
The vehicle crossed the centerline and traveled down the embankment on the east side, rolling once before coming to rest.
The vehicle was towed. Ducker estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to six recent incidents:
• At 10:04 p.m. on Friday, GFD received a direct call for an outside fire at 3 East St. Firefighters arrived at 10:19 and found the homeowner burning wood and carpeting. The homeowner was advised of the city burn ordinance and the fire was extinguished. GFD went back into service at 10:29 p.m.
• At 6:26 a.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to New Life Baptist Church for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:29 and were advised that the alarm was accidentally set off due to cooking. The alarm was reset prior to GFD’s arrival. GFD went back into service at 6:31 a.m.
• At 4:04 p.m. on Saturday, GFD was dispatched to 301 E. Seminary St. for gas odor. Firefighters arrived at 4:07 and discovered a leak in the basement. A window was opened and the property was ventilated. GFD was advised that maintenance had been bleeding gas lines. GFD went back into service at 4:26 p.m.
• At 2:11 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to 208 W. Walnut St. for a smoke alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:14 and discovered an alarm was that sounding inside a dumpster. The battery was removed, and GFD went back into service at 2:20 p.m.
• At 7:41 p.m. on Sunday, GFD was dispatched to the intersection of Indiana and Larabee streets for a gas odor. Firefighters arrived at 7:42 and monitored the area as the smell dissipated. GFD was advised that gas mains were being installed and police would regularly check the area. GFD went back into service at 8:20 p.m.
• At 12:11 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to 833 Indianapolis Rd. for a gas odor. Firefighters arrived at 12:17 and did not detect a cause for the odor. GFD was advised that the furnace was not running. GFD went back into service at 12:39 p.m.
Additionally, GFD recently performed eight medical assists and had four disregards.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.