Broadband and bullets get Legislative Update attentionWith six weeks to go in the 2019 session of the Indiana General Assembly, much of the attention at Indianapolis has been directed toward the big-ticket bills. Big issues like opioid problems, teachers’ salaries, school funding, gaming and sports wagering and, of course, hate crimes, have dominated discussion not only at the Statehouse but at the first two Putnam County Farm Bureau-sponsored Legislative Update sessions...
Feeding Neighbors and the WorldFarmers take pride in their ability to feed people all over the world but a recent effort by Putnam County Farm Bureau is making a difference for our neighbors right here at home as Heather Poynter (right), Putnam County Farm Bureau education and outreach coordinator, delivers 475.2 pounds of food to Beyond Homeless Inc. Executive Director Michelle Boller.
Chain reaction crash claims life of a Reelsville manTERRE HAUTE -- A 20-year-old Reelsville man died in a chain reaction crash Saturday evening on Interstate 70 near the 11-mile marker. The Indiana State Police are investigating the incident, which involved two semi tractor-trailers and five passenger vehicles...
Work set to begin on new first-year residence at DePauw1Site preparation work is scheduled to begin next week at the southwest corner of Locust and Olive streets, where the first of four proposed residence halls for DePauw University’s first-year students is set to be built. “The new residence hall will begin transforming South Quad and the first-year living experience at DePauw,” Bob Leonard, vice president for finance and administration, said. ...
- YMCA project: City on verge of site but may lose partner (3/18/19)
- Baird staff to have local office hours on March 26 at PCPL (3/18/19)
- Floral sale to support upcoming Habitat for Humanity build (3/18/19)
- Greencastle Police hunter education class set in April (3/18/19)
- Conservation Officers urge Hoosiers to ‘Spring Aboard’ (3/18/19)
- Putnam Scanner for March 19, 2019 (3/18/19)
- Gleaners Food Truck returns to Bainbridge Saturday (3/18/19)
- State Road 236 will close April 1 in Parke County (3/18/19)
- Council tables DePauw request to close portion of College Ave. (3/15/19)3
- I Scream, You Scream ... (3/15/19)
- Meyer earns All-American relay honorsINDIANAPOLIS — Three more members of the Florida Southern women’s swimming team added their names to the list of All-Americans last week as the Moccasins’ 800-freestyle relay team of senior Krystal Karas, junior Kyra Fraser, junior Mallary Meyer of Greencastle and senior Katie Moore finished 11th on day three of the NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving Championships...
- Tiger Cubs win middle school county wrestling title (3/18/19)
- DePauw baseball picks up win over Calvin at Rose-Hulman (3/18/19)
- COLLEGE REPORT: Moore named All-Region, All-GRAC; nominated for All-American (3/16/19)
- FEEL GOOD FRIDAY: Life moving along quickly for Taylor (3/15/19)
- North, South split girls’ county basketball crowns (3/14/19)
- Colts sign Funchess, but re-signing reigns (3/14/19)
- North, South teams win middle school county tourney openers (3/12/19)
Lynda A. Wright KnappLynda A. Wright Knapp, 71, of Bloomington, died Friday, March 15, 2019 at Garden Villa following a lengthy, debilitating illness. Lynda was born on Sept. 27, 1947 in Greencastle and graduated from...
James Edward AdamsJames Edward Adams, 71, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at his residence, surrounded by his family. James was born in Greencastle on March 11, 1948 the son of Virgil and...
Virgil Eugene ThompsonVirgil Eugene Thompson, age 94, died on Friday, March 15, 2019. He was born in St. Marie, Ill., on Sept. 24, 1924. He was the son of the late Daisy Gerber Thompson and Edward Thompson. In addition to...
Donald Roger StewardDonald Roger Steward, 84, Plainfield, passed away Wednesday, March 13 at Life's Journey Hospice in Avon. He was born August 18, 1934, in Lafayette, Ind., to the late Roger Malcolm Steward and Helen...
Tyler DeWayne WintersHello All: This is a notice saying that I've passed on. I had a reasonably good life. Great families, that I loved very much, each and every one, no regrets. I had a lot of good times, and met a lot...
Putnam Scanner for March 16, 2019City Police Two recent citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers • At 8:42 p.m. Monday, Michael Moran, 59, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Alec Pettit. Stopped along Indianapolis...
Putnam Scanner for March 15, 2019County Jail Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 10:58 a.m. Tina N. Tiedemann, 28, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a court order. • At 10:12 a.m. Charles...
Court News for March 15, 2019The following cases were filed recently in Putnam County courts: Criminal Cases Chastity Bradford, 35, Fillmore, Level 6 felony auto theft Electa T. Cancilla, 61, Greencastle, Class A misdemeanor...
Court News for March 13, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Cody L. Garmon, 19, Danville, Level 6 felony fraud Kymberley R. Burris, 37, Greencastle, Class B misdemeanor false...
Yard Sale 104 Gettysburg (Heritage Lake Emergency Road 50 or 56)Friday March 22, 10A-3P and Saturday March 23, 10A-3P. Estate Sale: Dressers w/ Mirrors, Dining Room Table and 6 Chairs, Curio Cabinet, Lamps, 47 Inch LG HD TV, Tools, Generator, Weber Gas Grill, Stanley Shop Vac, Toro Electric Leaf Blower, Gas...
Teaching Assistant WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a teaching assistant. This is a temporary position, with employment available immediately and ending May 31, 2019. For information and an application, please call 765-653-0841 or email email@example.com.
Free for the Taking
Cunot Community Center Easter Egg HuntCunot Community Center Easter Egg Hunt April 13th @ 3:00pm for children 12 & under @ Cunot Community Center 5530 State Road 42 Poland,IN 765-795-3461
Everything is Turning Green! Accepting New Mowing Clients!!!Professional - Dependable - Affordable - Insured - Locally Owned Eubank Groundskeeping and Interior Cleaning is accepting new mowing clients for this upcoming mowing season. Mowing prices include weedeating and blowing off all sidewalks,...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health