DAZE WORK: Wilbur’s passing leaves hole in the Banner Graphic familyWhen word of the death of longtime Banner Graphic employee Wilbur C. Kendall reached me earlier this week, I was incredulous, refusing to believe that a man who kept our newspaper equipment running well past its prescribed shelf life had somehow succumbed to the ravages of old age and illness at 83...
Masko on guns: Key is safety, prevention1Among the hot-button issues which permeate partisan discussions in American politics, the prospect of gun reform (or gun control) remains one of the most prevalent. This is owed in no small part to the effective regularity of mass shooting events. Though what truly constitutes a mass shooting may meet different criteria, those which have occurred at schools have perhaps drawn the most considerable scrutiny...
Serving his countryCloverdale 2019 high school graduate Niklas Hull just graduated Air Force basic training on Nov. 8 in San Antonio, Texas. Nik is the son of Adam and Amanda Hull and Michelle Lain. Nik plans to make a career out of the Air Force and is now completing tech school at the Sheppard Air Force Base in Sheppard, Texas...
Putnam County Hospital toasts top doctorsPutnam County Hospital is continuing its mission to bring exceptional healthcare close to home. In the November issue of Indianapolis Monthly, two of the Franciscan cardiovascular disease doctors who see patients at Putnam County Hospital were recognized on the top doctors list...
- North Putnam Schools to remain open Tuesday (11/15/19)1
- West Central: Reduce, reuse and recycle (11/15/19)
- Mental Health America to host BAH at Wasser (11/15/19)
- Character Study (11/15/19)
- Brazil Concert Band plans fall concert (11/15/19)
- Parks Dept. offers programs to keep residents warm and happy (11/15/19)
- SP board approves bus purchase (11/14/19)1
- Greencastle School Board seeks applicants for new city Human Relations Committee (11/14/19)
- Why is there no school on Tuesday? (11/14/19)7
- For Whom the Bell Tolls (11/14/19)3
- The Bell Is Back4A 62-yard touchdown with 38 seconds to play gave DePauw University its first lead of the game Saturday in the 126th Monon Bell Classic. It was all the Tigers needed, as the defense did what it had done all day, holding Wabash College in check. The Tigers walked away with a 17-13 victory over the Little Giants, their first victory over the arch rival school in three years...
- Monon Bell rivalry to renew Saturday (11/14/19)
- Stearley rakes in volleyball honors (11/14/19)
- NCAC CHAMPS: DePauw wins first NCAC title, earns fourth straight NCAA trip (11/11/19)
- COLLEGE REPORT: York, Grizzlies play at DePauw on Tuesday (11/11/19)
- DePauw routs Oberlin on Senior Day; Monon Bell Classic set for Saturday (11/11/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: You'll never guess who has connections to AGT star Ryan Niemiller (11/8/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Here’s a helpful guide for (some) fans as hoop season arrives (11/4/19)
James M. SchlatterJames M. Schlatter, 89, of Avon and formerly of Brazil and Glenview, Ill., passed away Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 in his residence. He was born in Brazil on July 27, 1930 to Howard and Bertha (Schwab)...
Wilbur Cassell KendallWilbur Cassell Kendall, 83, of Greencastle, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019 surrounded by his family. Born on Dec. 11, 1935 in Greencastle, he was the son of William J....
Wilna Marie HurstWilna Marie (Konzelman) Hurst, 88, of Bloomington, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital surrounded by her loving family. Wilna was born in Greensburg on Dec. 2,...
Sandra Fay OtySandra Fay Oty, 66, of Fillmore, passed away Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019, at her residence surrounded by family. Sandra was born in Indianapolis on Feb. 12, 1953 the daughter of Haskell and Narcissus...
Wilbur Cassell KendallWilbur Cassell Kendall, age 83, of Greencastle, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019. Services will be held at noon on Saturday, Nov. 16 at the Bittles and Hurt Funeral Home. Friends may call from 10...
Putnam Scanner for November 16, 2019County Jail Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 3:50 a.m. Herman Lee Allen Baker, 22, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for strangulation and domestic battery....
Putnam Scanner for November 15, 2019County Jail Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 5:05 a.m. Charles David Abel, 18, Bloomington, was taken into custody for driving while intoxciated. • At 12:31...
Apartments - Unfurnished
Apartment for rentApartment for rent 1 block East of Greencastle High School. 2BR, 1BA, 1 c/att/gar. No pets. 812-446-7002
Apartments - Unfurnished
1 BR all utilities included - First Floor Greencastle1 BR all utilities included 505 E. Hanna Street, Greencastle, IN $650 month, $650 deposit - Newly remodeled. Please call, text, or email 317-679-4970
Apartments - Unfurnished
1 BR all utilities incl - 2nd Floor Greencastle1 BR all utilities included $550 rent, $550 deposit. 505 E. Hanna Street, Greencastle, IN Please call, text or email 317-679-4970
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health