Chamber annual dinner postponed until March 121Originally set for Saturday, Jan. 29, the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce annual dinner has been postponed to Saturday, March 12. The Chamber made the announcement Friday, citing the current local COVID-19 positivity rate. New invitations were issued to all those who had RSVP’d, with their place at the dinner still held...
Cougars celebrate homecomingNorth Putnam High School celebrated its Winter Homecoming this week. Building up to the Saturday night hardwood contest between the JV and Varsity boys and girls basketball teams versus Brown County, Cougar Nation participated in dress-up days, class contests in dodgeball, and the Friday pep session, with the winning class dodgeball team taking on the faculty/staff team, plus other activities...
Jim Baugh Bridge again fails to gain traction in General Assembly4There is no doubt that the memory of Capt. Jim Baugh lives on 18 years after his death. Widow Lauralee Baugh sees it every time she looks at their two sons and one granddaughter. “Jason looks like him, Jerrod acts like him and Gayle has his kind heart,” Lauralee says lovingly...
DAZE WORK: Jim Baugh tribute shouldn’t take act of congress3Look around at some of the streets, buildings, bridges and distinctive areas of town named for locals or persons of stature who have walked among us. Commissioner Elbert Irwin’s name went up posthumously on the new West Walnut Street Road bridge that was his vision just as soon as the span was completed over the railroad in Madison Township around 1980...
Other changes coming for city trash, recycling6With the City of Greencastle having already agreed to a new trash and recycling contract with Republic Services, the City Council has learned about some additional aspects of the new program set to start in March. City Clerk-Treasurer Lynda Dunbar announced at the January City Council meeting that recycling day is going to change and “be easier” for residents...
- Roachdale moving forward with Community Crossings grant (1/20/22)
- No local contested primary races so far (1/20/22)
- Non-Food Pantry sets January distribution (1/20/22)
- Ivy Tech hosting career fair (1/20/22)
- Lip Sync Challengers (1/20/22)
- House advances bill to reduce local jail overcrowding, while boosting public safety efforts (1/20/22)
- Kentucky woman seriously injured in Sunday ORV wreck (1/20/22)
- CTVFD, GFD make quick work of morning fire (1/20/22)
- Congressman Baird introduces catalytic converter thefts bill (1/20/22)1
- ABC permit allows Greens to continue investment in downtown Greencastle (1/19/22)3
- Second half surge leads Greencastle to win over South VermillionAfter three-straight 20-plus point losses, Greencastle needed a solid performance to build off of with South Vermillion arriving Friday to McAnally Center for a nonconference boys’ basketball tilt. Trailing 18-17 at halftime, the Tiger Cubs exploded in the third quarter for 23 points and used a 20-2 run to walk away with a comfortable 54-37 win over the Wildcats...
- Willis drops 33 as Cougars devour Patriots (1/21/22)
- Clovers battle valiantly in loss to Golden Arrows (1/21/22)
- North Putnam rallies past Cloverdale to keep WIC hopes alive (1/20/22)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Matt Parker, North Putnam (1/20/22)
- Greencastle 8th grade adds WIC title to season haul (1/18/22)
- Cougars handle Eagles on the mat (1/18/22)
- Patriots close with a bang to deny Clovers (1/18/22)
Donald G. LashleyDon Lashley fired off his final wisecrack on Jan. 13, 2022 in his hometown of Crawfordsville, surrounded by his children. A 1951 graduate of Crawfordsville High School, Don met and later married...
Gary BenningtonGary E. Bennington, 82, of Cloverdale, passed away on Monday, Jan. 17, 2022. He was born on April 5, 1939, the son of Edgar and Helen Bennington. He married Lois Power on May 18, 1968. She survives....
Mary Elizabeth WilsonMary Elizabeth Wilson, 86, of Bainbridge, passed away on Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022 at IU West in Avon. Mary was born in Indianapolis on Aug. 2, 1935, the daughter of March Hamilton and Jenny Richards....
Nancy Joan SmithNancy Joan (Lents) Smith, 82, passed away on Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022 at IU West Hospital Avon. Nancy was born in Indianapolis on Sept. 24, 1939, the daughter of John and Alberta Lents. She was a...
Lloyd Michael ArnoldLloyd Michael Arnold, 61, of Reelsville, passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, Jan. 16, 2022. He joined the Navy in 1977 at the ripe age of 17. He attended Plainfield High School and obtained his GED...
Putnam Scanner for Jan. 21, 2022Several people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 2:26 a.m. Chelsey L. Edelen, 30, Franklin, Ky., was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and unlawful...
Putnam Scanner for Jan. 18, 2022Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 10:39 p.m. Jessica D. Kernstein, 30, Terre Haute, was lodged at the jail on an out-of-county warrant. • At 12:23 p.m. Mary...
Court News for Jan. 21, 2022The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Troy D. Kennedy, 53, Cloverdale, Level 3 felony dealing in methamphetamine, Level 5 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class B...
Court News for Jan. 18, 2022The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Christopher B. Taylor, 35, Greencastle, Level 6 felony resisting law enforcement using a vehicle, Class A misdemeanor driving while...
Health & Fitness Equip.
Schwinn 431 EllipticalSchwinn 431 Elliptical - $200. Compact & easy to move around. Great shape with original stickers...electronic console/magnetic resistances/exercise programs all work. Greencastle.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health