Clay County deputy shot during warrant service, one in custodyCLAY CITY — Shortly after 10 a.m. Friday, shots were fired upon Clay County Sheriff’s Deputies trying to serve a warrant in southern Clay County. Indiana State Police Putnamville Public Information Officer Sgt. Matt Ames confirmed Deputy Brison Swearingen, a 17-year-veteran, was shot in the lower leg by a suspect armed with a rifle...
Community Foundation awards historic gift to YMCAThe Putnam County Community Foundation on Wednesday awarded the largest single grant in the Community Foundation’s 36-year history to the Greencastle/Putnam County YMCA. The Foundation helped lay the groundwork for the YMCA’s fundraising campaign with this historic gift of $500,000...
City officials reaffirm desire for community center project9Doubling down on previous commitments to build a community center/YMCA project, Greencastle city officials agreed to move forward with the project during a joint session of the City Council and Redevelopment Commission Tuesday night...
White, task force release report on campus free expression28Part of an effort to encourage freedom of expression and diversity, a task force which included DePauw University President Lori White is now calling on college and university campuses to be more open in doing so. Members of the Academic Leaders Task Force on Campus Free Expression, White and other collegiate leaders released a report Tuesday outlining how such environments could be encouraged and maintained...
Expanded Robe-Ann Park lights to be lit Saturday at duskWith more than double the number of Christmas lights than involved in last year’s initial Robe-Ann Park illumination planned, holiday lights at the Greencastle park are scheduled to be lit Saturday at dusk. Just one of several holiday topics ahead for the Parks Department...
- Carols4aCause returns with addition of live event to benefit Beyond Homeless (12/2/21)
- UPDATE: One transported in three-vehicle crash Tuesday (12/2/21)4
- Beau Baird co-authors bill to help end state of emergency (12/2/21)15
- More than $330,000 available in winter energy bill assistance for Duke customers (12/2/21)
- Applications now available for Indiana Senate Page Program (12/2/21)
- Wonderland of Lights on display at Lieber SRA (12/2/21)1
- No serious injuries in rollover Monday night (11/30/21)
- Community invited to follow in Magi’s footsteps, ‘Follow the Star' (11/29/21)2
- Elks to raise funds for Greencastle native with rapid decline ALS (11/29/21)
- Almost Home honored with Colts ‘Small Business Spotlight’ (11/29/21)2
- South Putnam stifles North Putnam lateWith just two weeks having elapsed since the Putnam County Girls’ Basketball Tournament, the rematch between South Putnam and North Putnam was expected to be a hotly-contested affair. Parallels from the fall appeared throughout the night as the Cougars, who won the county volleyball tournament, and Eagles slugged it out for three quarters and the start of the fourth quarter...
- Cougars set new school record for threes in demolition of Eagles (12/3/21)
- Late Greencastle rally falls short against West Vigo (12/3/21)
- Tiger Cubs falter late against Vikings (12/3/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Kyla Willis, North Putnam (12/3/21)
- North Putnam swimmers split dual meet with Speedway (12/2/21)
- Tigers upended by Big Red (12/2/21)
- Shorthanded Tiger Cubs toppled by Vikings (12/1/21)
Jeffrey Allen ThackerJeffrey Allen Thacker, 53, of Greencastle, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021 at St. Vincent Hospital. Jeffrey was born in Evansville on Oct. 26, 1968, the son of Robert and Geneviea Thacker. Mr....
Nathan Eugene WoodNathan Eugene Wood, 41, of Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021, at Putnam County Hospital. Nathan was born in Greencastle on Nov. 18, 1980, the son of Loren Eugene and Debra (Grimes)...
Jeanne A. AndersonJeanne A. Anderson (Nickerson), 74, of Cloverdale, went home to be with the Lord on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021. Jeanne was born on Oct. 25, 1947 in Indianapolis. She was the daughter of the late Eugene...
Eugene McKee Davis Sr.Eugene McKee Davis Sr., 91, of Greencastle, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021 at his residence surrounded by his family. Eugene was born in Madison on June 16, 1930, the son of Carl and Inez...
Gerald Ray BeckGerald Ray Beck, 84, of Bainbridge, passed away on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021 at Hendricks Regional Health in Danville. Gerald was born in Putnam County on June 17, 1937, the son of Clarence and...
Putnam Scanner for Dec. 3, 2021Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 11:57 p.m. Kelly L. Mayes, 50, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for battery. • At 4:34 p.m. Alice M. Payne, 57,...
Putnam Scanner for Nov. 30, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 7:53 a.m., Catherine M. Reed, 30, Shelburn, was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana and possession of...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health