Storm cell drops 2.25-inch hail in southern Putnam CountyCLOVERDALE — As the hottest day so far in 2021 turned into a stormy night, portions of southern Putnam County felt the force of large hailstones. Severe Weather Specialist Chris Edwards of the Putnam County Emergency Management Agency reported hail falling at about 2.25 inches around 7:30 p.m. Friday a few miles southeast of Cloverdale...
Baby also dead after S.R. 42 collision last TuesdayCLOVERDALE — A baby involved in the head-on collision which occurred on State Road 42 last Tuesday morning has died. First responders were called to the iron bridge crossing Mill Creek for a two-vehicle crash in which Gary Bailey, 72, of the Cloverdale area, and Billie Hatton, 21, of the Spencer area, both died from their injuries...
Motorcyclist seriously injured in Friday-evening crashREELSVILLE — A motorcyclist suffered serious injuries in a crash that occurred in Reelsville Friday evening. At about 8:45 p.m., first responders were toned out after the Reelsville Volunteer Fire Department received a call for a motorcycle accident near the firehouse. A firefighter then found the motorcycle laying in the roadway. A male was found walking around, while a woman also lay on the ground...
Public Works truck involved in collision in front of City Hall2A collision involving a city-owned truck had traffic bottlenecked in front of Greencastle City Hall Friday morning. Shortly after 9 a.m., a Chevrolet Silverado with Greencastle Department of Public Works decals appears to have T-boned the driver’s side of a Ford Edge at the intersection of Washington (U.S. 231) and Locust streets...
INDOT to host hearing Wednesday on U.S. 231 projectA public meeting designed to acquaint residents with the proposed U.S. 231 rehabilitation project through Greencastle is scheduled for Wednesday, June 23 at the Putnam County Fairgrounds. The 5:30-7:30 p.m. Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) session will be conducted in Community Building East on the Putnam County Fairgrounds...
- UPDATED: Two dead after S.R. 42 head-on collision Tuesday (6/17/21)7
- 3.8 magnitude quake reported across area (6/17/21)
- New GPD officer hiring spawns some old fears (6/17/21)6
- Family safe following Bainbridge house fire (6/17/21)
- Not just marching for youngsters at GPD Boot Camp (6/17/21)2
- County establishes ARP board (6/17/21)
- County to add new full-time inspector (6/17/21)
- Hearing, decision on LIVEstock Music Festival to wait until July (6/17/21)9
- Russellville gearing up for water tower funding (6/17/21)
- Departing Youth Philanthropy members leave a legacy (6/17/21)
- Matt Pickerill tabbed to take over South Putnam boys’ basketball teamAt last week’s South Putnam School Board meeting, Matt Pickerill was appointed as the new varsity boys’ basketball coach. Pickerill arrives from the East Washing School Corporation, having been a teacher at East Washington Elementary School, first coaching at East Washington Middle School before becoming an assistant at Eastern (Pekin) High School for the past few years...
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Ava McHugh, South Putnam (6/17/21)
- Dean moves on to Fountain Central, Turpen holds steady (6/17/21)
- WCYB 6u Champs (6/17/21)
- Becca St. Germain named DePauw's Amy Hasbrook Award winner (6/17/21)
- Nolan Ginther named DePauw’s Phil Eskew Award winner (6/17/21)
- Greencastle, Indiana SRN to join forces during 2021-22 school year (6/14/21)
- Kennedy Trigg to pile in the goals at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (6/14/21)
Robert E. O’NealRobert E. O’Neal, 72, of Farmersburg, passed away at 7:35 a.m. Thursday, June 3, 2021 in Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care, Terre Haute. He was born Dec. 14, 1948 in Greencastle to Marion E....
Willard Allen LydickWillard Allen Lydick, age 94, passed peacefully on June 19, 2021 at his home surrounded by his loving family. Willard was born April 28, 1927 to Willie Everett and Elsie Faye (Graham) Lydick. The...
Joseph Michael BillingsleyJoseph Michael Billingsley, 69, of Fillmore, passed away Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at his residence surrounded by his family. Joseph was born on Sept. 10, 1951, the son of Jack and Rosie (Colluccio)...
Michael Wayne BrickerMichael Wayne Bricker, 61, of Greencastle and formerly of West Terre Haute, passed away on Thursday, June 17, 2021 in his residence. He was born in Terre Haute on Sept. 10, 1959. Michael was a...
John Ashton DaviesJohn Ashton Davies, 88, of Fillmore, passed away on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at Mill Pond Health Campus. John was born in Youngstown, Ohio, on Aug. 5, 1932, the son of John E. and Amy (Burdett) Davies....
Putnam Scanner for June 18, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 1:21 a.m. Coty A. Gray, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant for theft. Wednesday • At 2:13 p.m. Samantha J....
Putnam Scanner for June 25, 2021Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 1:49 p.m. Steven E. Davis, 53, Greencastle, was taken into custody for driving as a habitual traffic violator. Saturday •At...
Court News for June 18, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Richard J. Thomas, 45, Roachdale, Level 6 felony escape Sandra R. Sanchez, 33, Greencastle, Class A misdemeanor theft, Class A...
Court News for June 15, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Timothy C. Roe, 32, Cloverdale, Level 6 felony driving a vehicle as a habitual traffic violator Steven E. Davis, 53, Greencastle,...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Witness tells of horror as truck rams into Arizona bike race
- 12 dead in Alabama due to Claudette, including 10 children
- Israeli PM: World powers must 'wake up' on Iran nuclear deal
- Far right falters as conservatives lead French regional vote
- Officials: Deadly Pride parade crash appears unintentional