Churches offer virtual options for EasterDuring a Holy Week unlike any other current believers have experienced, church communities are finding ways to continue to worship “together” even as the people are physically apart. Listed below are some of the ways that anyone can take part in Easter services from local churches on Sunday...
COVID-19, other costs rolling in for county6With unknowns already surrounding county revenue in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, costs continue to roll in for Putnam County government, both in response to the pandemic and in areas unrelated to the response. At this point, county and local governments cannot be sure when the next tax draw will come in, considering that property and income tax deadlines have been moved back by the state to encourage social distancing and abiding by Gov. Eric Holcomb’s Stay at Home orders...
Jack’s Trash staying on schedule as an essential service1With families encouraged to shelter in place as necessary to help slow the spread of COVID-19, there will still be trash to get rid of. To meet the demand, Jack’s Trash Service is continuing to make their rounds in Putnam County as an essential service...
DAZE WORK: Dr. Haggerty delivers in time of need9The death of Dr. Fred Haggerty, whose obituary appears elsewhere on this website and will be included in Friday’s Banner Graphic, puts a face on the COVID-19 pandemic for me. The good doctor passed away Sunday at age 88, a victim of the current pandemic, according to a family Facebook post forwarded to me...
- Putnamville probationary troopers receive patrol cars (4/8/20)1
- Putnam County Playhouse alters 2020 schedule for second time (4/8/20)
- Putnam County up to 27 confirmed cases of COVID-19 (4/8/20)3
- Dine with a Doc programs canceled (4/8/20)
- Local COVID-19 case count remains at 25 on Tuesday (4/7/20)1
- ISDH data: State cases still on rise (4/7/20)
- Masked Mommas make nearly 2,000 masks for Putnam County health professionals, essential workers (4/7/20)2
- Be aware of fraudsters attempting to steal economic impact payments (4/7/20)
- INDOT project involves bridge decks in Putnam, Montgomery counties (4/7/20)
- Putnam County, Russellville awarded Community Crossings grants (4/7/20)
- Greencastle's Whitaker tops boys’ all-county teamGreencastle junior Brody Whitaker was voted as the Putnam County “Player of the Year” for boys’ basketball by the county’s coaches. Whitaker completed his junior season averaging 22.8 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, adding 2.6 assists and 1.7 steals per game...
- Olney Central’s Moore voted third-team JUCO All-American (4/6/20)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES (FREE ACCESS): Some shining lights still exist among gloominess in prep sports (4/2/20)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Looking at comings and goings in Putnam County coaching (3/30/20)
- SPORTS CASUALTIES: Indy 500 latest victim of coronavirus, delayed to August 23 (3/26/20)
- SPORTS CASUALTIES: Baseball getting creative in possible game scenarios (3/26/20)
Dr. Fred Emmett HaggertyDr. Fred Emmett Haggerty, 88, of Greencastle, passed away on Sunday, April 5, 2020. Born Feb. 15, 1932 in Dawson, Mont., to parents Frieda and Charles, he was the eldest of six children. He was...
Evelyn Downs (Elam) KuhlmannEvelyn Downs (Elam) Kuhlmann, 81, of Avon, formerly of Greencastle, and St. Louis, Mo., passed away with her family around her on March 29, 2020. She was born May 1, 1938 in Amarillo, Texas, to Earl...
Andrew David 'Andy' BaileyHaving fought a brave and courageous fight, Andrew David “Andy” Bailey, 69, of Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, April 4, 2020 surrounded by his family. Born March 24, 1951 in Indianapolis, he...
Kennard W. GoffKennard W. Goff, 88 of Rockville, passed away Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at Hendricks Regional Health. He was born on Aug. 21, 1931 Russellville to the late Dewey and Ruby Goff. He was married JoAnn...
Cleo YarberCleo Yarber, 76, passed away peacefully at his home in Lebanon, Ind., on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, surrounded by his loving family. He was born July 30, 1943 in Lebanon, a son of the late Bert and...
Putnam Scanner for April 7, 2020City Police Two weekend arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers. • At 10:12 p.m. Saturday, Brayden Watson, 22, Greencastle, was arrested at a West Walnut Street residence by Officer...
Putnam Scanner for April 4, 2020County Jail One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 10:40 p.m. Richard A. Romandine, 40, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for identity deception, false...
Court News for April 4, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Andre D. Giden, 43, Indianapolis, Level 6 felony dealing in a Schedule I controlled substance, Level 6 felony...
Court News for April 3, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Julia A. Jenson, 24, Terre Haute, Level 5 felony conspiracy to traffic a controlled substance with an inmate, Level 6...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Truck hauling toilet paper catches fire on Texas interstate
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart