GHS again sending four academic teams to state Super Bowl finalsGreencastle High School will send four of its six academic teams to the state finals of the 2018 Hoosier Academic Super Bowl next month at Purdue University. The GHS English, Science, Mathematics and...
Putnam County Jail to take on Vigo County inmatesA partnership with the Vigo County Jail could soon help make improvements to the Putnam County Jail. The Putnam County Council approved this week a Putnam County Sheriff's Department proposal to...
Downtown beautification, cemetery flowers get City Council boostStellar things keep happening in downtown Greencastle. The latest development is the hiring of a part-time downtown beautification employee within the Department of Public Works. The City Council...
- Groundbreaking conjures up thoughts of warm summer nights (4/18/18)
- Local property tax statements mailed (4/18/18)
- Ivy Tech hosting College 101 Thursday (4/18/18)
- CERT members re-certified for training (4/18/18)
- Hospital Guild lauded for continuing volunteer efforts (4/18/18)
- Putnam native earns Career Award from Rose-Hulman Institute (4/18/18)
- Students protest Jenna Fischer talk over recent incidents at DePauw (4/17/18)31
- Four locations set for April 28 Drug Take Back Day (4/17/18)1
- Next Community Conversation to feature county councilmen April 25 (4/17/18)
- County preps for first vote center election (4/16/18)1
- PREP ROUNDUP: South Putnam rolls past Cubs 11-1 in baseball1South Putnam led Greencastle just 2-0 after four innings in high school baseball action Tuesday evening, but the Eagles pushed across three runs in the fifth and six in the sixth to complete an 11-1 win over Greencastle. Dawson Cash started the fifth-inning rally by reaching on an error, and Aiden LeBlanc walked one out later. Branden Demoret followed with a three-run homer to left to give the Eagles a 5-1 cushion...
- SP softball squad wins, stays unbeaten in WIC (4/17/18)
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEEK: Dylan Crum, South Putnam (4/17/18)1
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Desire to be closer to home important factor for departing Tiger Cub boss (4/16/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Wilson sets another meet record in Flashes Showcase (4/16/18)
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Tiger Cubs plan painting event (4/16/18)
- Putnam County baseball, softball tourneys postponed by rain (4/15/18)
- Winslow excited to continue career with Grizzlies (4/13/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Eagles battle tough Edgewood squad to 9-3 decision (4/13/18)
- SPRING PREVIEW: Bennett leads veteran Tiger Cub golf team (4/13/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Tiger Cubs pick up tennis victory (4/13/18)
Juanita Virginia MeekJuanita Virginia Meek, 87, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, April 18, 2018. She was born March 26, 1931 to the late Merle and Nina (Greene) Johnson. Juanita married Claude Edmund...
Josh Allen LongJosh Allen Long, 38, of Roachdale, passed away on Monday, April 16, 2018 in Lafayette. He was born on July 5, 1979 to Steven Long and Brenda (Cook) Sams in Danville, Ind. On Oct. 21, 2000 he married...
Robert Allen JonesRobert Allen Jones, 54, of Roachdale, passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2018 in Greencastle. He was born on June 6, 1963 to Robert D and Jane (Hutchison) Jones in Clinton. Robert graduated from North...
Clifford 'Cliff' Eugene Tincher Sr.Clifford "Cliff" Eugene Tincher Sr., 83, of Greencastle, passed away at his home Tuesday, April 17, 2018. He was born May 29, 1934 in a Mount Meridian farmhouse, the last of six sons born to Edith...
Putnam Scanner for April 17, 2018 (4/16/18)County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11:46 p.m. Michael James Fields Jr., 48, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, on...
Putnam Scanner for April 14, 2018 (4/13/18)County Jail Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 12:03 p.m. Michael Augustus Anderson, 24, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a Jay County warrant. • At 9:49 a.m....
Putnam Scanner for April 13, 2018 (4/13/18)County Jail Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 2:02 p.m. Donald Leroy Dixie, 37, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for parole violation. • At 11:15 a.m....
Court News for April 18, 2018 (4/18/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Cory D. Scobee, 37, Greencastle, Level 6 felony driving as a habitual traffic violator David Aaron Brenton, 35, Indianapolis, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana...
Hire a Professional DJ for Your EventPPZ Music Mobile DJ Service offers your best entertainment investment for your wedding, party, or any occasion. Featuring a full sound and lighting system, and music/karaoke to suit any taste. Extremely experienced and professional (started in...
Houses for Rent
3 bedroom 1.5 bath house for rent-Greencastle$750 a month plus utilities. 3 Bedroom 1.5 bath house with an attached one car garage. Must have references. First months rent and deposit required. Contact for application. Available in July.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Gov. Holcomb talks state goals over sweet rolls
- Report of children playing in street results in father's arrest at Cloverdale
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Desire to be closer to home important factor for departing Tiger Cub boss
- More incidents spark stern response from DPU president
- Authorities investigate ‘reprehensible’ message posted on bathroom wall