Report ranks DePauw low for free speech3In a report that declares a free speech “crisis on campus” among 55 institutions nationwide, DePauw University came up alarminly low on the list. The site RealClearEducation released its 2020 College Free Speech Rankings on Tuesday, ranking 55 colleges and universities across the country based on responses from around 20,000 students...
Myers: COVID-19 has exposed inadequacies in stateA lot of things have happened since Woody Myers visited a group of supporters in Putnam County last November. Myers has gone from one of three Democrat candidates to his party’s nominee for governor. He’s chosen former Hammond police officer and State Rep. Linda Lawson as his running mate...
Masonic Lodge to resume fish fry tradition FridayA summer tradition in Greencastle for years, the annual fish fry at the Greencastle Temple Lodge No. 47 F&AM has been dormant since 2016. While COVID-19 restrictions delayed the return from June to October, lodge members are excited to bring the tradition back to downtown Greencastle with fish available at the lodge, 118 E. Washington St., from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. (or when the fish runs out) on Friday, Oct. 2...
Voter registration deadline is Oct. 5Local residents are encouraged to register to vote or check their registration status before the Monday, Oct. 5 deadline. Hoosiers can also go to state’s online voter portal at www.IndianaVoters.com ahead of the deadline to verify if their registration is active and also update personal information in their voter record...
- Peace kept as rallies converge in downtown Greencastle (9/28/20)50
- Old Piano, New Soul: Greencastle Piano Project takes center stage (9/28/20)
- Early voting set to begin next week (9/28/20)
- North Putnam slates surplus sale for Saturday (9/28/20)
- Trust Funds (9/28/20)
- Empower yourself to be clutter-free (9/28/20)
- It’s Great Apple Crunch time (9/28/20)
- County adds 42 new COVID cases in recent days (9/28/20)3
- Greencastle Civic League looks to future with endowment (9/28/20)
- Wheels and deals for Board of Works (9/28/20)
- Cubs, Clovers win county XC titlesGreencastle’s boys and Cloverdale’s girls emerged as the team champions at Saturday’s Putnam County cross country championships at South Putnam. Tiger Cub freshman Charlie Menzel and Clover sophomore Ella Szczerbik won the individual titles. In the middle school meet, Greencastle easily won both races. Landon Miller of Greencastle won the boys’ race while Kylie Dresbach of North Putnam won the girls’ title...
Betty Lou BayliffBetty Lou Bayliff, 92, of Kokomo, passed away Monday night, Sept. 28, 2020 at 10:30 p.m. She was born Sept. 3, 1928, in Ashtabula, Ohio, to the late Paul H. and Lucille (Allee) Whitman. On June 4,...
Cynthia ‘Cindy’ Ann WiattCynthia “Cindy” Ann Wiatt, 62, of Russellville, passed away 3:15 a.m., peacefully at her home surrounded by her family, on Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020. She was born on Dec. 12, 1957 in Crawfordsville to...
Billy Ray ColeBilly Ray Cole, 90, of Greencastle, passed away Monday, Sept. 28, 2020 at Asbury Towers. Billy was born in Turkey Creek, La., on Feb. 18, 1930, the son of Otis Sr. and Nettie (Miley) Cole. Mr. Cole...
Gary Lane DuncanGary Lane Duncan, 76, of Crawfordsville, passed away Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020 at Lane House in Crawfordsville. He was born on June 20, 1944 in Detroit, Mich., to the late Lloyd and Dorothy May...
Robert ‘Bob’ P. JonesRobert “Bob” P. Jones, 60, passed away Sept. 26, 2020. He was born Nov. 22, 1959 in Kirksville, Mo., to Robert and Rose (Smith) Jones. He married Jennifer Jones Aug. 23, 1996 and she survives. He was...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 29, 2020Four people have been booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 6:23 p.m. Jacob M. Joseph, 20, LaPorte, was lodged at the jail for strangulation and domestic battery. Friday • At 5:19...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 25, 2020Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 3:55 a.m. Cory D. Batson, 25, Soddy Daisy, Tenn., was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 2:03 a.m....
Court News for Sept. 29, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Rex I. Murphy, 44, Franklin, Level 6 felony theft Pamela A. Scott, 45, Russellville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine,...
Court News for Sept. 25, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. David C. Walker, 40, Greencastle, Level 6 felony strangulation, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery Kirsten L. Anderson, 34,...
Adult CatsSeveral rescue cats and abyssinian mixes available. Indoor only. Fixed with shots. $30 rehoming fee to ensure good home. Text 765-721-7563.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health