In retirement, Royers keep cashing ‘paycheck moments’On Thursday, Allen and Peggy Royer will be honored by the local Soil and Water Conservation District for two reasons. On one hand, Allen spent more than four decades working for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, much of it as the district forester serving Putnam County and other surrounding counties, before he retired last summer...
Beau Baird reflects on his first couple weeks at StatehouseAfter listening and observing what his father Jim experienced over eight years in office, representing Indiana House District 44, freshman Rep. Beau Baird shouldn’t be too surprised by anything the state legislature throws at him. But two things “kind of shocked me,” Baird said Saturday during opening comments at the first of three 2019 Legislative Update programs sponsored by the Putnam County Farm Bureau...
Clover CandidatesCandidates for the royal court at Friday night’s 2019 Winter Homecoming at Cloverdale High School.
Cloverdale McDonald’s offers guests transformed dining experienceCLOVERDALE – The McDonald’s restaurant at 1033 N. Main St. in Cloverdale is inviting guests to experience McDonald’s in a new way with a greater level of choice, engagement and service. The changes are reflective of a new and innovative restaurant model that has been successfully rolled out in more than 2,600 McDonald’s restaurants around the world and puts more choice and control in the hands of guests by evolving how they order, what they order, how they pay and how they are served...
- Legislators unsure about 2019 hate crimes bill passage (1/21/19)
- Couple makes $6.25 million gift commitment for centennial Rector Scholarship initiative (1/21/19)
- New partner family selected for Habitat spring home build (1/21/19)
- Transformers invites community members to ‘Walk a Mile in My Shoes’ (1/21/19)
- Jan. 26 Non-Food Pantry distribution set (1/21/19)
- Bees topic for next Master Gardeners meeting (1/21/19)
- Gleaners Food Truck in Bainbridge this Saturday (1/21/19)
- Trooper escapes serious injury as vehicle struck by semi on I-70 (1/21/19)
- Lego event at Putnam County Museum Jan. 27 set as food drive (1/21/19)
- Tiny towns Tippin topic for Thursday program at museum (1/21/19)
- Clovers finish Vigo County sweep with 55-53 victory over TH NorthCLOVERDALE — With Cloverdale’s 55-53 victory over Terre Haute North on Tuesday night, the No. 10-ranked Clovers completed a sweep over Vigo County’s much bigger schools. The Clovers previously topped both West Vigo and Terre Haute South, and therefore could unofficially claim the title of Vigo County champions to go along with their Putnam County title...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: West Division rules roost in WIC girls’ crossovers
- Meyer to retire as Florida Southern AD in February
- Collins ties for 55th in Desert Open (1/21/19)
- DePauw sweeps Kenyon; men host Wittenberg Wednesday (1/21/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Moore, 1979 ISU hoops team have similarities (1/18/19)
- Poor 3-point shooting hurts DePauw in 70-59 loss to Wabash (1/17/19)
- Neese scores career-high 13 as Sycamores fall (1/17/19)
Sue Faust ChenowethOn Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, Sue Faust Chenoweth, loving mother of two sons, passed away at the age of 63. Sue was born on Nov. 10, 1955 in Lafayette to Leland and Jean Faust. She received her...
Paul Samuel TesmerPaul Samuel Tesmer, 49, of Greencastle, passed away on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019 surrounded by family. He was born May 28, 1969 in Greencastle, the son of Jerry and Marcia (Woods) Tesmer. Paul worked at...
Daniel S. Newton Sr.Daniel S. Newton Sr., 49, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019. He was born June 5, 1969 in Terre Haute to William and Judith (Waldbeiser) Newton. He married Jill...
Richard Leon MurphyRichard Leon Murphy, 85, of Greencastle, passed away Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, at IU Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Richard was born in Greencastle on Nov. 6, 1933, the son of Lawrence and Florence...
Alma Sue HaltomAlma Sue Haltom, 56, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019. She was born in Brazil, Ind., on Sept. 19, 1962 to Stanley and Anna Lucas. She married Marvin Haltom on June 9,...
Putnam Scanner for January 23, 2019County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 11 p.m. William Wilson Lowe, 19, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. Saturday • At 6:23 p.m. De...
Putnam Scanner for January 22, 2019City Fire The Greencastle Fire Department responded to seven recent dispatches: • At 6:11 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 313 E. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:15 and...
Court News for January 23, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Samantha Archer, 40, Greencastle, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent Jonathon R. Hannon, 33, Danville, Level 6...
Court News for January 22, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Citations and Infractions Cole Whetsel, 16, Greencastle, disregarding stop sign Cindy M. Corrie, 60, Poland, driving a vehicle on a...
Firewood For SaleFirewood for sale 60 dumped delivery 80 stacked within 10 miles extra charge after call or txt 4637014624
FREE Legal Advice Clinic (Next Date: Tuesday, 1/8)The Putnam County Counsel in the Courts Program provides FREE legal advice and help with documents and court filings the first Tuesday of every month at the Putnam County Courthouse from 5-7pm. Experienced attorneys will be happy to sit down and...
ChildcareI have 2 full time daycare openings available for age 2 and up. I’m open 7a- 530p. I provide meals and snacks! I’m cpr/ first aide certified. If interested please call 317-797-0126. Cloverdale & Eminence schools will do bus pick up & drop...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health