Residents express displeasure over proposed solar farm1If a solar farm comes to fruition in northwestern Putnam County, it will not be without the vocal objections of some residents of Russell Township and the surrounding area. On Tuesday, around 20 people were in attendance at the monthly meeting of the Putnam County Council to express their displeasure over the proposed Cold Spring Solar LLC...
CANDLES Museum condemns social media post by Indiana representativeTERRE HAUTE — CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center has condemned a quote and link posted by Jim Lucas, Republican member of the Indiana House of Representatives. Lucas quoted Joseph Goebbels, minister of propaganda for the German Third Reich under Adolf Hitler, and included a link to a site with Goebbels’ name and “The Jewish Question..."
Grief support group set for ThursdayAn open grief support group will be held on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 7 p.m. in the west classroom area of Gobin Memorial United Methodist Church. The group is provided by Dusk-to-Dawn Bereavement Services through a Putnam County Community Foundation grant. ...
DePauw swimming program offering lessonsDePauw University will offer swim lessons to the community from Aug. 29 through Sept. 15. Deadline to register is Friday, Aug. 26. From water exploration to stroke technique for competitive swimming, the program is accepting all skill levels. The instructors are current members of the DePauw men’s and women’s swimming teams, each with several years of competitive swimming background and certified lifeguards each with experience teaching swim lessons...
DePauw program recognized for encouraging underrepresented students to study STEMDePauw University’s STEM Guide Program has received the 2022 Inspiring Programs in STEM Award from the largest and oldest diversity and inclusion publication in higher education. The award, given by INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, honors colleges and universities that encourage and assist students from underrepresented groups to enter the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics – collectively called STEM. ...
- U.S. 231 contract news sparks Council discussion (8/15/22)7
- Electric providers look to remain adaptive in changing environment (8/15/22)
- Locally filmed ‘Reparation’ to kick off new movie series (8/15/22)2
- Railroad company delays to Bridge 276 replacement continue (8/15/22)
- Community invited to Putnam County Mural Festival celebration (8/15/22)
- Tad Robinson to conclude 2022 Summer Music Festival season (8/15/22)
- United Way program aimed at childhood literacy coming to Putnam County (8/15/22)
- United Way of Central Indiana CEO to visit Putnam County (8/15/22)
- Dine with a Doc returning Aug. 22 (8/15/22)
- Board of Realtors to sponsor Aug. 22 blood drive (8/15/22)
- South Putnam sweeps Cloverdale to open volleyball seasonThe first Putnam County volleyball match of the 2022 season played out at Central Elementary Tuesday as South Putnam opened its season hosting Cloverdale. After falling in five sets Monday night at North Central, the Clovers kept things close in the opening set but lacked the energy to hold off the Eagles, who swept away a 25-16, 25-12, 25-12 win...
- Volleyball Previews: Changes aplenty for Tiger Cubs as Meyer steps in for Walters; Cougars looks to retool to challenge for sectional title again (8/12/22)
- Fall Sports Previews: North Putnam girls’ soccer eager for freshmen to help build up squad; Cougar boys look to defend cross country title (8/12/22)
- Fall Sports Previews: Greencastle, North Putnam soccer teams to battle for WIC boys’ title; South Putnam cross country teams split between experienced, fresh-faced rosters (8/12/22)
- Fall Sports Previews: Cloverdale returns to defend girls’ XC title; Greencastle girls’ golf weathering early season as team form; several squads looking to make do with few numbers (8/6/22)
Vernon Ray ParisOn the morning of Aug. 15, 2022, Vernon Ray Paris, 63, of Crawfordsville, passed away unexpectedly. Vernon was born July 20, 1959 in Greencastle to the late Raymond F. and Martha Vivian (Smith)...
Terra Lynn StraightTerra Lynn Straight, 67, of Greencastle, passed away at her residence on Wednesday, July 6, 2022. Terra was born in Greencastle on Nov. 28, 1954, the daughter of Von Everett and Laura (Dennis) York....
Paul J. NauertPaul J. Nauert, age 78, Greencastle, passed away Tuesday morning, Aug. 16, 2022 at Mill Pond Health Campus, Greencastle. He is survived by a son, David Nauert and wife Mitzi of Fillmore; and...
Shirley GibsonShirley Gibson, 88, of Cloverdale, passed away on Monday, Aug. 15, 2022 surrounded by his family. Born Jan. 27, 1934 in Clementsville, Ky., he was the son of Welby Jack and Pearl Maud (Derringer)...
George Lang McCammonGeorge Lang McCammon, 78, went to be with the Lord on Aug. 6, 2022, after a long struggle with Parkinson’s disease. George was born in Sullivan on Jan. 19, 1944 to George Baker and Rose Evelyn...
Putnam Scanner for August 16, 2022Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 3:36 a.m. Edward R. Williams, 44, Glasgow, Ky., was lodged at the jail for criminal mischief and burglary. Thursday • At 11:09...
Putnam Scanner for Aug. 12, 2022Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • An Indianapolis woman was arrested twice by Cloverdale police in separate Wednesday incidents. At 10:28 a.m., 23-year-old Taylor...
1 Bedroom FOR RENT Master Bed Bath Walk-in Closet Garage Parking NEW Home GreencastleFOR RENT $900 / Month, Utilities Included Great for someone who prefers more privacy in living style and a home setting where adults reside. This Large Master Bedroom / Master Bath with Shower and Soaking Tub, Walk-in Closet is over 500 SqFt...
HUGE MOVING SALE August 19 and 20 8 am to 4 pm2463 E County Roads 1100 S - Golf Course Road - 1st House on Right --Kubota L47 Tractor - less than 400 hours - with loader, back hoe and bush hog -- 2008 Chevy Impala, one owner - Kubota ZD1211 Diesel zero turn, less than 450 hours - Ladders,...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health