Balloon travels to ‘edge of space,’ barely exits countyFifty years to the day since man first set foot on the moon, a group of DePauw University scientists accomplished a feat of their own on Saturday. Led by physics professor Howard Brooks, a group of faculty members, students and community members showed you can reach the edge of space while barely even leaving the county...
Freije named International Junior Auctioneer championNEW ORLEANS — A local auctioneer recently walked away with the top prize at an international competition. On Friday, July 12, the National Auctioneers Association hosted its annual International Junior Auctioneer Championship. This year, Tyce Freije, 18, of Clayton, won the title of 2019 International Junior Auctioneer Champion...
RV Gone AWOLWith what Putnam County sheriff’s deputies found Sunday afternoon, a would-be vacationer might just be looking for a missing RV. Or perhaps it was left there on purpose? It’s unclear, but what police do know is they found an abandoned camper trailer on West County Road 875 South on Sunday. They do not know if the trailer was crashed, abandoned or both...
4-H animals survive heat wave unscathedExtreme temperatures made for an uncomfortable start to the week at the Putnam County 4-H Fair. It’s what didn’t happen that matters, though. With all animals moved in at the fair as well as four livestock shows taking place during the heat advisory that lasted from Thursday through Sunday, 4-H members and volunteers managed to keep the animals safe and healthy throughout...
- Let’s not just focus on elections, but on how we elect (7/22/19)
- Reelsville customers to expect income survey (7/22/19)
- North Putnam School Board approves personnel (7/22/19)
- Tippin to talk Portland Mills, Hamrick Station, Oakland Thursday at PCM (7/22/19)
- Hanna Street closed between Locust and Indiana streets (7/22/19)
- Gleaners Food Truck returns to Bainbridge Saturday (7/22/19)
- Mission Impossible or possible: Can you eat healthy at the fair? (7/22/19)
- Fight leaves Crawfordsville man dead (7/22/19)
- Indianapolis man accused of stealing chief deputy’s credit card information (7/19/19)
- DePauw board gives update on presidential search (7/19/19)
- Wever, Boller and Litton double up on wins at LPSPUTNAMVILLE — A hot and steamy weekend proved to be highly successful for a trio of drivers at Lincoln Park Speedway on Saturday night. Jordan Wever, Josh Boller and Josh Litton each picked up feature victories at the Putnamville oval to go with their Friday evening wins at Paragon Speedway...
- Nearby duo proves MLB difficulty (7/19/19)
- FEEL GOOD FRIDAY: Cloverdale’s Lotz finding way to succeed on field, in classroom and as a father (7/18/19)
- Cloverdale’s Collins four under after first round at Barbasol (7/18/19)
- DePauw women’s soccer coaches depart for Colorado youth program (7/16/19)
- Cottle claims big payday at ‘Putnamville Clash’ (7/15/19)
- North Putnam graduate enjoys camaraderie of Warrior Games (7/11/19)
- Huffman to be inducted into Northern Iowa Hall of Fame (7/11/19)
Bonnie Jean MooreBonnie Jean Moore, 73, Orange Park, Fla., went to be with her Lord and baby girls on Sunday morning, Oct. 21, 2018, after complications from heart surgery. Born July 1945 in Brazil to Eileen and...
Lucille SinclairLucille Sinclair, 87, of Cloverdale, passed away Saturday, July 20, 2019, at Mill Pond Heath Campus. Lucille was born in Putnam County on July 23, 1931, the daughter of Clyde and Madge M. (Sublett)...
Glenn E. EdwardsGlenn E. Edwards, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, July 18, 2019 in Indianapolis. He was 81. Glenn was a jack of all trades. He served as an electrician, maintenance worker and truck driver....
Kathleen Lynn ‘Kathy’ WalkerKathy Walker, 63, Portland, Ore., passed away March 15, 2019. Born in Beech Grove to the parents of Donald and Joan “Lee” Walker, Kathy was raised in Greenfield and graduated from Greenfield-Central...
Henry Nathan Wallen Sr.Henry Nathan Wallen Sr., 66, of Greencastle passed away Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Hickory Creek at Sunset. Henry was born in Morgan County on Aug. 31, 1952, the son of Unis and Amanda Mae...
Putnam Scanner for July 21, 2019County Jail Ten people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 4:37 a.m. Christian Jamar Givens, 34, Greencastle, was taken into custody for auto theft and driving while...
Putnam Scanner for July 20, 2019County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 3:10 a.m. Amanda Jane Alexander, 29, Brazil, was booked in for driving with a suspended license and on a local...
Court News for July 19, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Angela Rae Higgins, 51, Rockville, Class A misdemeanor driving while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C...
Court News for July 17, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Samantha Nicole Hanners, 28, Greencastle, Level 6 felony battery against a public safety official, Class A misdemeanor...
Infant-Toddler Teacher WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking an infant-toddler teacher for the 2019-2020 school year,8:30a.m.-5p.m., M-F. Contact 653-0841 or email@example.com for information and application. Previous experience and CDA or A.A. in Early Childhood Education...
Real Estate Wanted
Land WantedLooking for approximately 4 to 12 acres of rural land for home site and non-commercial mini farm in Putnam County. Previous structures, timber, and realistic viability will happily be evaluated, as will the asking price. Please contact 765-386-6497,...
12Point Technology LLCFull time IT help needed. Prefers at least 2 year experience. Email resume with wage/salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health