Hendricks Power makes $3,000 donation to Project LifesaverHendricks Power Cooperative recently made a $3,000 donation to the Putnam County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) through its Operation Round-Up program. Operation Round-Up is a voluntary fundraising program that lets members round up their energy bill to the next whole dollar...
Walmart commits to pay 100 percent of college tuition, books for workers2BENTONVILLE, Ark. —Walmart has announced it will pay 100 percent of college tuition and books for associates through its Live Better U (LBU) education program. Starting Aug. 16, the $1 a day fee will be removed for associates, making all education programs paid for by Walmart. This means approximately 1.5 million part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club associates in the U.S. can earn college degrees or learn trade skills without the burden of education debt...
South Putnam offers registration informationWith the start of the 2021-22 school year just around the corner, it’s time for registration at South Putnam Community Schools. Online registration is now open for students of Central Elementary, Fillmore Elementary and South Putnam Middle School/High School...
Volunteer fire crews practice water operations Saturday4BAINBRIDGE — Firefighters obviously need water to put out a blaze. There are different factors, though, which play into how it gets to and is able to be utilized in the first place. Volunteer crews from the Clinton Township, Floyd Township, Roachdale, Russellville and Bellmore fire departments went over the essentials of establishing and maintaining a water supply with the Bainbridge Volunteer Fire Department Saturday morning...
Hoo-hoo-hoo’s the Grandest?1For a nice display of the talents of local youths — not to mention a break from the heat — the 4-H Exhibit Hall is the place to visit from now through Friday. From Kipslynn Tincher’s owl-shaped latch hook rug...
- City sets sidewalk projects for 2021 (7/26/21)
- United Way awards $171,384 in COVID relief for Putnam County (7/26/21)
- Stewarding funds to sustain the future (7/26/21)
- Mission impossible or possible: Can you eat healthy at the fair? (7/26/21)
- ‘Infectiously joyful’ Brazilian music presented Wednesday night (7/26/21)
- Reelsville, Fillmore teens facing charges in Clay County home invasion (7/26/21)4
- Next Non-Food Pantry distribution set for July 31 (7/26/21)
- DNR completes stocking of striped and hybrid striped bass (7/26/21)
- Workforce Development, Ivy Tech team with AWS to provide tech skills training to 5,000 Hoosiers (7/26/21)
- Golf event for Russellville, Bellmore VFDs set Aug. 14 (7/23/21)
- North Putnam claims top spot among Putnam County cheerleading squadsAfter the event was lost due to COVID restrictions last year, the Putnam County Cheerleading Competition returned Saturday night with five schools taking to the mats and a boisterous crowd in attendance. As has become the norm the past few years as much as the event itself, the competition was moved indoors from the Putnam County Fairgrounds to Greencastle High School following a bout of heavy rain that passed through the area...
- Pulling the load again (7/26/21)
- Top spots at Mary Allison Children’s Golf Outing (7/26/21)
- Evan Baker eyes championship form at NoBull CrossFit Games (7/22/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Faith Hartman, Greencastle (7/22/21)
- Hanley, Cash gear up for national fishing tournament at Chickamauga Lake (7/20/21)
- Tiger Cubs Wilson, Sutherlin, Whitaker named to 3A All-State baseball team (7/15/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Allison Fajt, Greencastle (7/15/21)
Reita Jeanne BertschReita Jeanne Bertsch, 88, of Greenfield, passed away on July 25, 2021 at her home. She was born to Marion A. and Delsa M. Brattain on Oct. 30, 1932 in Putnam County. She grew up on a farm and...
Evelyn E. RubeckEvelyn E. Rubeck, 76, of Poland, went to be with the Lord July 7, 2021. She was born May 3, 1945 to the late Edward and Gertrude (Schopmeyer) Routt. Evelyn married Ronald Rubeck on June 8, 1961, and...
Jaike Patrick MatthewsJaike Patrick Matthews, 25, Indianapolis, passed away Sunday, July 18, 2021. He was born Aug. 20, 1995 at Putnam County Hospital in Greencastle to Jason Siddons and Christina Matthews. Jaike...
Kyle GrubbKyle Grubb, 70, Longmont, Colo., died on Monday, July 19, 2021. Kyle was born on Oct. 10, 1950 in Greencastle to the farm family of Marion and Mary Grubb. He graduated from Fillmore High School in...
Diana Sue BakerDiana Sue (Weaver) Baker, 82, of Cloverdale, passed away Sunday, July 25, 2021. She was a resident of Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle. Diana was born on Aug. 21, 1938 in Martinsville, to the...
Putnam Scanner for July 27, 2021Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 5:12 a.m. Rosario R. Vela Jr., 42, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a warrant for nonsupport of a dependent. Sunday • At...
Putnam Scanner for July 23, 2021Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 9:01 p.m. Linda R. Chiles, 60, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for counterfeiting and deception. • At 9:01 p.m. Ryder T....
Court News for July 27, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Joshua A. Keers, 29, Fillmore, Level 6 felony domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16 years old Linda R. Chiles, 60,...
Court News for July 23, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Larry L. Watters, 36, Martinsville, Level 5 felony carrying a handgun as a felon, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Woman convicted of swapping pebbles for gems in London heist
- Woman unaware she had $39M lottery ticket in purse for weeks
- Ranging Bull: 'Barney' eludes capture days after farm escape
- Crafty cockatoos master dumpster diving and teach each other
- Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight