Putnam Scanner for Dec. 6, 2007

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Putnam County Jail

Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.

* Joshua Scott Johnson, 23, Indianapolis, was booked in at 1:43 p.m. Tuesday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy O'Hair for operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked license. He was released Wednesday afternoon on time served.

* Christina Marie Snyder, 32, Russellville, was booked in at 6 p.m. Tuesday by Indiana State Police Trooper Dugan for arson.

* Shane Randall Kilgore, 31, Cloverdale, was booked in at 3:38 a.m. Wednesday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy D. Brown on a petition to revoke probation.

* Dennis McClure, 56, Bowling Green, was booked in at 3:46 a.m.Wednesday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy David Brown for petition to revoke probation and operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

Greencastle Fire Dept.

The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently:

* At 3:50 a.m. Tuesday, crews were dispatched to 1972 S. County Road 125 West for a structure fire. All occupants were outside of the structure upon the crew's arrival at 3:56 a.m. Fire officials used 500 gallons of water to put out the fire are returned to the station at 5:54 a.m.

* At 8:47 a.m. Tuesday, crews were dispatched to 708 E. Seminary St. on a medical assist and were back in service at 9:03 a.m.

* At 1:29 p.m. Tuesday, crews were dispatched to assist Reelsville fire officials with a structure fire at 6011 West County Road 500 South. They returned to the station at 2:36 p.m.

* At 1:42 p.m. Tuesday, crews were dispatched to 2200 East, State Road 240 but were disregarded en route at 13:46.

* At 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, crews were dispatched to 507 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. Alarm was reset before the crew's arrival. They were back in service at 12:00 a.m.

* At 6:21 p.m. Wednesday, crews responded to a fire alarm at 413 S. Locust St. Alarm was triggered by burning food and was reset. Crews were back in service at 6:35 p.m.

Reelsville Fire

Reelsville firefighters saved a rural barn after an electrical fire was reported at 1:26 p.m. Tuesday.

Reelsville Chief John McPherson said a horse, truck and equipment in the barn at 6100 W. CR 500 South, owned by John Gaines, were safely removed and not damaged in the fire. Hay and fuel stored in the barn were also not damaged.

The fire started with an electrical short in a refrigerator, McPherson told the BannerGraphic. Damage was confined to one end of the building.

Firefighters happened to be at the station when the alarm came in, the chief said, and they responded to the scene within five minutes. They had the blaze extinguished in about 10 minutes.

"I was really proud of our efforts," McPherson said. "It probably put the best stop on any fire we've had in a long time. There was hay and fuel in the barn, so if it had spread, it would have been worse."

Damage was estimated at $12,000 to the pole barn.

Firefighters returned to station by 3 p.m.